she pretty much told me to.....im confused

ok so my mother and me got into a fight today and i said something about how "well then maybe i should just move out" and she said find u just cant take your car and your cd player...well then i didnt know for sure if i heard her right because i mean come on what mother would tell there baby girl that is only 16 that she can move out? so i kind of worked it back into the conversation....and like 5 mins after she said it the first time...SHE said it this time...she was like "well then why dont you just move out" and then my dad was like go a head u just cant take your car or cd player.

but ok i dont know if she was being for real or what...cause we really dont get along very well for starters.....but i dont know if she is really sayin that i can move out.

i would just like some help on understanding this......and i am really thinking about doing it but i dont know if i want to do it and like move complete out or just leave for like a week or so...she is a very overpertective partent. so i dont know im very confused

Ahh, the good old "move your stuff out and leave".

I believe every child has encountered this situation.

Take it with a grain of salt. There can be a variety of reasons why they said this 1) They were having a really bad day 2) You might have bothered them 3).... The list can go on and on.

DOnt take it personally , parents have a rough job, and an even more difficult time dealing with their children.

Best of luck!

Crazygirl69--I am 23 years old and I too have overprotective parents. I could not wait to move out of the house and the day after I graduated high school I did move out and joined the military.

I hated living at home, I thought that my parents were out to get me, but they weren't. They were strict and said mean things not because they hated me, but because they loved me. They wanted to make sure I grew up to be an honorable woman and I can do nothing but thank them for it.

Your parents, like all others, want the same for you. They lost their tempers, we all do, I am sure that at one time or another you have said something incredibly hurtfull to them too. The closer you are to someone the more they can hurt you.

Furthermore, do not move out! My little sister moved out at 17 to live with her boyfriend. She dropped out of highschool (she was an 'A' honor roll student) and got a GED. She is now 20 years old, she has not started college and she is pregnant. Her boyfriend does not want to work to support her, so she can't take leave of her job as a full-time waitress when the baby comes -- and to top it all off, she is going to marry him, regardless of the fact that he won't lift a finger to support her.

This is a bad situation and one of many situations you could easily find yourself in if you do move out before you are ready. Finish school, go to college, get your life in order, then move out.

Finally, talk to your parents. Put away resentments, forgive them for their shortcomings and talk to them. They are only people and they have feelings. It will be difficult for a while, but believe in the truth: they love you and have nothing but your best interest at heart.

• 1 month later...

When I was 16, all I thought about was moving out when I graduate. When grad came, I realized that my parents weren't doing/saying things to irritate me or to make life harder but to make sure I had a better life than they did. They did and still do care. As I look back, they were right about so many things. I wish I could go back and listen to what they had said.

I know it's hard to get other people to understand you... but you'll get over it.

When I was 16, all I thought about was moving out when I graduate. When grad came, I realized that my parents weren't doing/saying things to irritate me or to make life harder but to make sure I had a better life than they did. They did and still do care. As I look back, they were right about so many things. I wish I could go back and listen to what they had said.

I know it's hard to get other people to understand you... but you'll get over it. You can't be too stubborn and you'll have to give in but you'll get so much more out of it.