why did he do this? fwb?

Caterina

I had a friend tell me that he cared about me...and he did, he was really nice to me. Its what made me really like him "that way". He'd get terribly jealous whenever I dated, and he would hit on me in a sense that he wanted me to sleep with him (I never even kissed him, although I wanted to, I was very attracted to him). He was fairly close, I knew about his past and he knew all about my life and my hopes and dreams. In the end, I ended it b/c I had strong feelings and I was tired of not being in a relationship but feeling as though he treated me like a girlfriend.

Why didn't he want a relationship with me?

Hm.. I had a situation like this when I was younger. The fact is, no matter what people say, it's always going to be hard for guys and girls to be 'just friends.' Maybe he was so shocked that he had someone that was such a great friend and was afraid of it being different by starting a relationship. ..... could he be gay?

I see that you've posted about this before and this one, much like the others, is fairly vague.

If I go to a doctor and tell them I have a cough that lets him know something is wrong but that doesn't help him much. If I tell him that it hurts when I cough that helps them narrow it down some but it's still pretty vague overall and could be many different things.

To get the kind responses I you're looking for you basically need to just post a much more in depth version including more than you are currently to help people understand what could have caused it. With the amount of info you're giving right now people can only make vague guesses and unless you post something that's way more in depth you won't get the well thought out responses you're probably looking for.

I had a friend tell me that he cared about me...and he did, he was really nice to me. Its what made me really like him "that way". He'd get terribly jealous whenever I dated, and he would hit on me in a sense that he wanted me to sleep with him (I never even kissed him, although I wanted to, I was very attracted to him). He was fairly close, I knew about his past and he knew all about my life and my hopes and dreams. In the end, I ended it b/c I had strong feelings and I was tired of not being in a relationship but feeling as though he treated me like a girlfriend.

Why didn't he want a relationship with me?

This *exact* thing just happened to me too!! I fell in love with my best friend, and he would say things just like yours did. I finally told him how I felt, and he told me he only saw mw as a friend. I dont understand either what is going on. He always tells me how attracted he is to me and how Im tottally his type and all, how he loves me and thinks of me all the time. Only... he is very hung up on his ex.. So, my thinking is that he wants to see what happens (they *just* got back together) befor he lets himself think of *me* that way...... I hope. I dont know if thats what happened with you, but it was all I came up with for my same problem. If you find any understanding with this, please let me know too! And if I come up with anything, Im here for ya Hun

This has happened with me as well. We slept together and had altogether really good chemistry, we could always talk very easily, we got along really well, there was always that extra little something between us, but he never wanted to have a real relationship with me. I have no idea exactly what it is. He always wants to "just" be friends, yet there's this really undeniable pull between us which pulls me in all the time. I have to make a conscious effort to keep distance sometimes, and yet despite all of that, he just doesn't want a relationship with me. He wants to get laid, yes, but not have a gf.

So, I don't know. I'm just as confused as you.

Archived