chest pains

blessed be

I have been having these chest pains for the past couple months. This weekend they have become increasingly worse. Last night I had a few bouts where I couldn't move and I could hardly breathe. It doesn't radiate anywhere else really and it always passes but the pain is very severe.

I have never had a breast exam (I am almost 27) and lately I think my left breast feels kind of weird. Could the chest pain have anything to do with that?

I have no clue.

Except that you are going to see a doc about this ASAP, right?

And from now on you will do regular breast exams, both with the doc and for yourself?

I guess you don't have a regular GP or don't go in for routine physical exams? My doc does a breast exam along with the regular physical, at the same time when I get my pap test etc.

?

I don't know at all what it could be, it could even be something minor. But you really do need to go get it checked.

I'm glad you'll go have it checked! Sounds like it's been going on for a while.

It may be that the chest pains are being caused by something totally unrelated to the other.

And oh, doesn't matter our size, we all need checks! They are really easy to do once you learn, and don't take long.

BTW - it may take some time to hunt down a GP. Seems we are in short supply, at least as far as my experience has shown. I was lucky enough to have one from way back.

Where did you move from?

Pain in the chest that is cardiac (heart) related is called angina. Yes is IS possible to have heart problems at 28. Since this has been going on for some time I'm not going to send you screaming to the Emergency Room tonight. BUT.....and this is a heavy "but". But do not ignore this. Call your Dr TOMORROW. Yeah, THEY will probably want to send you to the ER, but emphasize to them that you've had this for several months and they will probably see you right away (and I think that's urgent enough).

Is it breast related? I don't know. I have no way of knowing. But GET THIS LOOKED AT......and let us know what happens.

Are you on birth control by any chance?

I've been getting some wicked headaches and thought maybe it was my pill, and I looked it up to see if it could be a side effect and came accross chest pains as a side effect..and realized that maybe the heartburn i thought I was having maybe wasn't heart burn after all. Which made sense because the times and occurrence was very random and not related to food. And Tums and the likes did nothing.

In this day and age, that to me is insane.

I think a second opinion could be in order.

No we're doing ok. This Dr looked at where you indicated the pain is and he determined, from your symptoms, that you probably have costochondritis. This is a common inflamation of the tissues around the ribs. As I said before, it is very common and is actually best treated with over the counter ibuprofen.

It FEELS like chest pain, it is, essentially, inflamation of the chest wall. The ibuprofen (Advil) is an "anti-inflamatory". Not only does it help with pain, it will help clear up the inflamation. It is perfectly harmless, the worst common side-effect is stomach upset. If that happens, eat something. In the meantime, take it just like the Dr said.

Archived