Is it possible to get back together??

I'm doing the whole friends thing with the ex now we were together for 5 years and we did the no contact thing for 6 months. We've become really good friends and very close again.

Do you think if you become a good friend and act like your not the same person you were before that they might fall in love with you all over again.

Is it worth hanging around to see what might happen? anyone have any stories about this?

I don't know if wat i am going to tell you helps. My ex was with the gf for 3 yrs before they broke up knowing wat went on wasn't love but something like a longterm friendship sort of thing. So they felt it was better for both to move on. Right now, the girl has found a bf and my ex, has moved on. they still meet up for dinner and catching up sessions and calls each other quite a bit.

But for him, a friendship is all that can exist but nothing more. I don know about that though. We have broken up now, but i can't maintain a friendship with him because i am still confused with my feelings for him. I can't remain as friends with him because of this feelings i have for him that surfaces sometimes. So, i don't know about you.

The main thing is that if it were mean to be it will. I would just cherish the friendship you have with your ex. I got back with my ex about 2 weeks ago, but we had only dated for 5months, and we were only apart for 3 weeks. Just be yourself, and if your ex really loves you and cares about you then they will love you for who you are and not some fantasy you. Live one day at a time for now, and see where it goes. Good Luck, and I hope I helped.

hey man, if you feel that what you had with her was worth it, of course stick around and play the friend role. Careful though, i've tend to notice that girls can fall in love with a guy's friendship and begin to think that sex will ruin it. Don't fall to that point. And in order to avoid that, don't let this friendship drag out, be straight forward. I don't believe anyone wants to just be friends with an ex, but play the role according to how you like it, hope it works out man.

Hey Beco,

Everybody has given you some really good advice, but just remember to do what's right for you. Sometimes the idea of getting back together with someone you loved and may still really love seems so tempting, you'd be willing to do anything--and some things that maybe you shouldn't. I noticed that you said:

Do you think if you become a good friend and act like your not the same person you were before that they might fall in love with you all over again.

If you do that, you aren't being a better person, you're acting. I'm not sure what "kind of person" you were before, but chances are, you were just like everybody else--with some great aspects and some not so great .

If you know you have really grown in some way, or if you made specific mistakes during your relationship that you're aware of and have changed, well, that's great! I'm sure the "improved you" will make a good impression.

If, though, you're thinking of temporarily trying to be someone who isn't the real you, I would hold off--and hold out for a woman who suits your real personality better. Acting a part might get uncomfortable after a while (besides being deceptive to you and the s.o.).