I like her, she likes me, but she avoids going out with me

Hi, this is my first post here.

I've known this girl at work for a few months now, and just before Christmas we began texting each other and it became clear that we both fancied each other. Anyway, I went back home for the holidays (I'm at Uni in Reading), but since I came back she hasn't been interested in going out properly. I asked her on the phone once last week, and she said she was free the following Saturday, but when at work that day she said she'd made other plans.

My other point on this is that she is 16 and I'm 20. Does that make any difference? Is it wrong?

How do I turn this into the boyfriend/girlfriend situation I want it to be?

hey,

ya im in the same situation only shes a close friend ive known for a long time. She said she likes me too and we decided to take it slow but i dont know if shes happy or if im forcing her into something she doesnt want to or what. im feeling really bad, but she likes to talk to me and stuff but no one ever leaves her alone so we can talk about personal stuff cause shes very attractive. So its really hard to talk to her in person about stuff we talk bout on the phone and on the internet. I know how you feel.