Anniversary coming up....

needs

My ex and I have been broken up for about a month. Completely out of the blue. She had no signs of being unhappy, actually had signs of being more happy then ever. Anyway a fight happened and apparently that was the last straw? We have been NC for 2 weeks now. Our 2 yr anniversary is this upcoming Monday. I'm sure this is a stupid question because I probably know this answer already. The thing is I do want her back. What do I do on that day?

Don't think you should do anything on that day. You say you're in NC but are you on friendly speaking terms?

Friendly...i don't think so...i mean we didn't fight but I was obviously devistated when she said we should break up. I'm guessing i'll do nothing. I just always wonder if she'll be thinking about me. I don't know what shes doing anymore and i've talkied to her almost everyday for 3-4 years. This was an important date for us and now its tossed out the window i guess

Well in that case doing nothing is definitely best. I am sure she will be thinking of you but who knows what goes on in their weird little minds. That day will obviously be hard for you but keep yourself busy, it's only 24 hours and then it will be over. You would feel a whole lot worse if you contacted her and either got a nasty response or no response at all.

I went through almost the exact same thing with my girlfriend while we were on a monthlong break or so. Our anniversary hit about three weeks into the break, during which we were not NC, but extremely LC (once a week or so by text). I simply sent her a text, short and to the point on our anniversary saying "Thinking of you today, have a great day!". She responded with "Me too, XOXO".

2 years is a long time to just break it off out of nowhere. Assuming there isn't anything "weird" going on (ie, other people involved, etc.), I truly don't see the harm in a note, text, email or even just a quick call (if you can call and leave a message) to let her know you are thinking about her.

I went through almost the exact same thing with my girlfriend while we were on a monthlong break or so. Our anniversary hit about three weeks into the break, during which we were not NC, but extremely LC (once a week or so by text). I simply sent her a text, short and to the point on our anniversary saying "Thinking of you today, have a great day!". She responded with "Me too, XOXO".

2 years is a long time to just break it off out of nowhere. Assuming there isn't anything "weird" going on (ie, other people involved, etc.), I truly don't see the harm in a note, text, email or even just a quick call (if you can call and leave a message) to let her know you are thinking about her.

I would love to do that, I just don't want it to blow up in my face with no response or something i'm not happy with. We are broken up and shes said we need to move on....out of the blue or not i'm scared of the outcome. I'm just so confuised

I can tell and if you aren't ready to not receive anything back from her, I wouldn't do it. I had come to the conclusion that if I didn't hear back from her, I was satisfied with my efforts and could move on accordingly. If you don't feel that you are ready, in case you don't get the result you want, maybe just stay NC and let her wonder what you are up to???

It is a tough one and I feel for you...please keep us posted.

I will, this all just seemed to happen so quick. I keep on dreaming of her at night and the dreams are us together. Then I wake up with the reality that shes gone. I really wanted to celebrate 2 yrs with her and she knows that. If I let it go who knows what she will think. I don't know haha Ive got until Monday to figure it out.

I wish you luck...I know where you are coming from and it's never easy. Knowing that we feel something that may no longer be reciprocated...Whatever you decide, make sure it's what is best for YOU, don't do it for her sake or anyone elses.

Lsdaddy

Good advice, thank you.I deffinately am working on myself and not doing things for her sake. Let me ask your opinion on her breaking up out of the blue with no conversation about why. There was a fight. then a break with NC then the next convo 4 days later was through texting saying she wants to break up. A few days later was a phone conversation less than 5 minutes of her saying we need this. The last convo was on the phone a few days later for again less then 5 minutes with ehr saying we fight, just respect my dwecision. That was the last of it. No real communication. Any thoughts?

I'm sorry but I have to ask, if it was out of the blue, no explanation or anything....Do you think there could be someone else involved? It seems rather weird if there were no previous problems with you and she was willing to just break up over a fight (every relationship has them). Something just seems a little off kilter.

Outside looking in, this definitely seems a little fishy...In both of my recent long-term relationships, both of us knew why and what the issues were. For her not to explain it to you or say anything about what caused it is childish. My advice, let her go as you can do much better. Someone who loves you and cares about you wouldn't treat you like that. I'm sorry to say that but it's the truth, you deserve more.

Good luck,

Lsdaddy

I'm sorry but I have to ask, if it was out of the blue, no explanation or anything....Do you think there could be someone else involved? It seems rather weird if there were no previous problems with you and she was willing to just break up over a fight (every relationship has them). Something just seems a little off kilter.

Outside looking in, this definitely seems a little fishy...In both of my recent long-term relationships, both of us knew why and what the issues were. For her not to explain it to you or say anything about what caused it is childish. My advice, let her go as you can do much better. Someone who loves you and cares about you wouldn't treat you like that. I'm sorry to say that but it's the truth, you deserve more.

Good luck,

Lsdaddy

I think your right, The fight that we had was an ongoing issue. We did fight about it a lot. It was on her end and she wasn't fixing the problem but she believed she was putting in effort. It was a little bit selfish on my end but I never thought it was something that we would just call it quits over. And thats what she did. She told me that there is no one else. I don't know if I can believe her. She also said we shouldn't talk for a while. She confused me a lot. Its sad because I gave her my all in the relationship and I just got cut out. I don't know if she will ever call again or come back.

So I guess I won't send her a message about the anniversary. I'll let her wonder because I'm sure she may expect something from me. But really who knows at this point

yea your probably right. I just wonder how she's feeling about it. I mean can someone just be gone that quick? We had a great relationship and i would love to give it a shot knowing now what problems need to be fixed. I mean, fights can be fixed. Why would she give up on that something we BOTH enjoyed all the way up until the night before.

Archived