How does one start dating again

ccali78

If you and your friends like to hang out in bars, you can always strike up a conversation that way. You DON'T have to go out with him...in fact, if you go to the same place, you can see him week after week and get to know him that way.

NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO GO TO BARS ARE BAD! I just met the sweetest guy at one. He was just like me...looking to meet a nice person!

Good luck to you!

~Allie

So I think I am finally entertaining the idea of dating again.

Well I am glad that you are healed or whatever it may be to start believing that you are ready for this. What happened before that made you want to take a break from dating?

What are so good ways to meet people and not have to go out with them until you know them and are sure.

By not having to go out with them do you mean "making it official" or just not spending one on one time with them?

What do you talk about?

Anything! I really like to try and get to know my potential SO's personality. I will ask questions about what they like to do with their spare time, favorite things such as food types of movies and others. I will actually LISTEN to them and take mental notes so when I actually get to the point to where I want to take them out on a date, I can apply that knowledge about what I know about them to fit a perfect date.

I will never press for their upbringing infomation until they are comfortable with me as well. I just do not like to get too personal before I can actually see them as a potential mate.

By stating "By not having to go out with them do you mean "making it official" or just not spending one on one time with them?"

What I mean is I do not just want to date any joe smoe if there is chemistry that is different and I think that takes time. So I would rather get to know something about the person through email. maybe than meet up when I am ready. Does that make sense?

So I am thinking of doing a dating site and this is big for me... I have never been on a blind date. I am afraid if it was a bad experience I would get up and walk out.

Oh and just for thoughts if you were just to see the picture I have here. What would your thoughts be... Like what are the first thoughts that come to mind...

well, the only way to start off that way is to either date the person directly and see if they are your type. that's what dating it. OR, meet through some website where you exchange emails or instant messages and eventually agree to meet up. but, on the internet dating thing, the person can be completely different in person too.

if i saw your picture, i'd think you are cute. but you are not my type. i can instantly tell that from a picture. but then again, i never meet people from the internet, so i can't say that picture portrays you properly. also, another reason i don't condone internet dating. i like seeing the whole package in person and decide if i even want to talk to them.

Thanks ghost for your honesty. I can tell instantly also if I am attracted to someone or not, but do think that personality goes much farther. I do not think my ex was attractive at first or my type but he grew on me... So you never know

i will never do that again. personality is the ultimate winner, but initially i must be attracted physically.

I am more doing it as a way to get comfortable of the idea of dating. I am not looking for my soul mate he will find me when I am ready... I know cheesy..

good. that will probably help. as you can see, some people on this site get sucked into online dating for all the wrong reasons.

What I mean is I do not just want to date any joe smoe if there is chemistry that is different and I think that takes time. So I would rather get to know something about the person through email. maybe than meet up when I am ready. Does that make sense?

Yes perfect sense. However, I think that it is a potential disaster to get to know someone online rather then in person. The reason behind this is because I have gone this route before and it backfired because I developed an emotional attatchment to a girl that turned out to be, well... not as nice or as attractive as in her pictures. She showed me pictures of her from high school which was more than 10 years ago.

Needless to say, upon meeting her, she looked way different and I was upset at her for lying to me. I felt like I wasted a lot of time with her.

So I am thinking of doing a dating site and this is big for me... I have never been on a blind date. I am afraid if it was a bad experience I would get up and walk out.

I would suggest that you try and find a speed dating location and go that route. It would be a lot easier to detect BULL when you are face to face, then over emails. This way you do not have to accept anything and you can give out your email address to the best candidates.

Oh and just for thoughts if you were just to see the picture I have here. What would your thoughts be... Like what are the first thoughts that come to mind

Well I personally have different taste but if I were to see you walking at the mall or something, I would not think that it would be hard for you AT ALL to find a lot of interested men. You are cute.

Yikes 10 years ago that is awful sorry to hear that. Who would try a stunt like that... I personally think I do look better in person but that is my own opinion and would not dupe people to think that and let them make their own opinions.

The problem is I dated someone for so long (4.5 years) I forget how to date... I used to get hit on all the time and maybe because I have become a lot quieter and not outgoing because of my ex being a homebody I am just not as vibraint.

I also get so sick of people telling me that I am a beautiful girl and guys will line up to date me. I think people say that to ugly chicks as well nobody wants to hurt someone feelings.

My taste is like David Beckham...

Yikes 10 years ago that is awful sorry to hear that. Who would try a stunt like that... I personally think I do look better in person but that is my own opinion and would not dupe people to think that and let them make their own opinions.

The problem is I dated someone for so long (4.5 years) I forget how to date... I used to get hit on all the time and maybe because I have become a lot quieter and not outgoing because of my ex being a homebody I am just not as vibraint.

I also get so sick of people telling me that I am a beautiful girl and guys will line up to date me. I think people say that to ugly chicks as well nobody wants to hurt someone feelings.

My taste is like David Beckham...

I'm like you - been out of the dating scene for quite a while. It's scarey out there, but I met someone.

You're very pretty, so don't you dare give up hope!

You're old out going self will come around once you get out there!

I really wish you the best!

~Allie

Archived