Approaching a girl at the gym?

wishiknew

What is the best way to go about it, it's tough not because everyone has their ipods on so you can't just strike up a conversation.

Ladies, how do/would you feel about being asked out in the middle of your workout?

Dude wrong place, wrong time. People are in there to get their workout and leave not socialize all day

I'm sure many will disagree with me....but "cold" pick-ups rarely ever work. For example, picking up women at that grocery is folklore.

Well I must live in Neverland then.

I met and went out with a girl that I met in line at a grocery store just a few months ago. I saw that we had a few similar items in our carts and just started talking.

Well I must live in Neverland then.

I met and went out with a girl that I met in line at a grocery store just a few months ago. I saw that we had a few similar items in our carts and just started talking.

Good for you!!

I'm not saying it's never happened. But it's rare. When men are looking to meet women...someone always brings that up. I know of no one personally who has accomplished this.

ps although when I was 18 bagged groceries, I got a few dates then. But that's different.

Dude wrong place, wrong time. People are in there to get their workout and leave not socialize all day

Yeah yeah, like their workout is so important...most of the girls at the gym walk on the treadmill for an hour reading beauty magazines. The guys act like they're getting work done but really they're just there to show off like the tools they are. I'm sure they can spare a bit of time from their rigorous workouts.

I must say that I look pretty unwelcoming with blasting headphones, especially because I don't hob-nob with everyone like the other guys do. I wouldn't get annoyed if someone started talking to me though. Keeping in shape is important but I always have the time and decency to be friendly.

Archived