RainCheck

james_sx11

People usually say 'rain check' when they want you to call later...

But if you've called and been turned down a couple more times after this with no attempt to re-schedule things (i.e., they don't counter with a how about Sat. instead of Fri.), then you can take it as they are making an evasive gesture and are not that interested.

If the person is really interested they won't just say they will take a raincheck...they will make sure to indicate other times that they would be free for the second date. If they don't show a clear indication of when they would like to schedule the second date, I would suggest not pursuing..the ball would be in their court. Some women (and men) like to have the person chase so they will play these "I am busy" games in the hopes the person will continue to pursue. You don't need someone who plays games like that. If they are sincerely busy and are sincerely interested, they will make sure to let you know that they definitely want to set up an alternative day to meet.

Nah I just said no worries and left it at that – no contact since…

Though it did all go well on the first date, there was a kiss and we did text each other a couple times after it.

Her RainCheck comment came mid last week when I asked her if she wanted to do anything on Saturday – she is a teacher and said she had to teach on Saturday so might have to raincheck. My guess was she would have got in touch at some point if she was interested but nothing so I dunno wheter to send out a feeler maybe even just a “hey hows things text”. Or just forget it. I will leave it up you guys to decide LOL

Though it did all go well on the first date, there was a kiss and we did text each other a couple times after it.

Her RainCheck comment came mid last week when I asked her if she wanted to do anything on Saturday – she is a teacher and said she had to teach on Saturday so might have to raincheck. My guess was she would have got in touch at some point if she was interested but nothing so I dunno wheter to send out a feeler maybe even just a “hey hows things text”. Or just forget it. I will leave it up you guys to decide LOL

You could try again but don't expect an enthusiastic response. If she was really interested she would have contacted you to re-schedule a second date. Why is she teaching on Saturday? Is she teaching ALL DAY and ALL EVENING!

Yeah you're right.

She lives in a different city by the way – its only 30 miles away though.

I had asked her to come to my city as our first date was in hers.

Anyways what you sais makes sense.

Shame/weird though cause we got on real well and the first one went very well.

I should add the reason why I was going to ask again is cause I’m in her city on the weekend for work and thogh could ask her if she wanted to meet up after.

There is no harm in trying again. Rules, rules, rules as in "if they don't re schedule than thet're not interested." I'm sick of that being a blanketed assumption because its not always the case. this soon into dating someone there is no harm in pursuing. I think people on here have missed out on relationships because of this advice.

There is no harm in trying again. Rules, rules, rules as in "if they don't re schedule than thet're not interested." I'm sick of that being a blanketed assumption because its not always the case. this soon into dating someone there is no harm in pursuing. I think people on here have missed out on relationships because of this advice.

Actually, that isn't a rule...that is called COURTESY! The so-called "rules" also known as "games" are the ones which have men and women counting the days before they respond and trying not to show too much interest even if they are.

Well usually I can tell a brush off and I’ve given enough of them out in my time lol.

It was the use of the word raincheck that confused me. Why not just say I’m busy teaching, sorry …

I have nothing to lose really, my ego can take a negative response should that be the case !

I will leave it till mid week though.

you had a specific day in mind. she was busy. you could have suggested she contact you when she will have some free time. then it's up to her to show her interest back. that's what i'd of done.

Archived