Getting sent to voicemail

SupaflyTNT

How does it make you feel when someone sends you to voicemail?

I called someone and it rang one and a half times, then they sent me to their voicemail. It's been over an hour and they haven't called back, grrrr It made me realize that it's a serious pet peeve of mine, I can't stand it. I never, ever do that to anyone. I answer all my calls and if I can't talk then I say I'll call them back as soon as I can.

It feels like your call doesn't matter enough for that person to even acknowledge it.

maybe they weren't home......did you leave a message?

and honestly some people just don't answer their phones

every time i go to my friends house, and the phone rings i see them continue doing what they're doing and letting the phone ring over and over again, until the machine gets it.

i even told them why have a phone if you wont answer it......

How do you know that they sent you to the voicemail? Maybe they weren't around and after a couple of rings, the voicemail picks it up?

I know this person's phone rings four times. Anyhow, I was just wondering how it made other people feel when it happened to them. I was a little surprised that it bothered me as much as it did. But seeing as this person called me three times today to talk about hanging out with me tonight...now it's almost 11pm and this person is no where to be found. Just strange.

Was it a cell phone? Maybe they were busy or in the middle of something. You never know whats going on over on their end, but yes the sudden voicemail move is irritating.

Cell phone, yes.

Even if you're in the middle of something you can make an effort to return the call, can't you?

Well now you have me wondering if someones done that to me b4 lol. How do you know when they do? If my phone is turned off, then it goes straight to voice mail...

You know if someone does it to you because you will get their voicemail in the middle of a ring. They have to see you are calling and hit end or ignore on their phone to do it.

I really think there's bigger worries in the world than this. Why do you even let this bother you bro? I won't pick up if I with someone or talking to someone, I think it's really rude. It's a phone call...does this person ALWAYS do this to you?

There is a difference between letting a call go to voicemail and actively sending someone to voicemail. It bothered me because this person made plans to hang out with me today so I told other people I couldn't do anything with them. Now this person sends me to voicemail and is nowhere to be found. I think it's really rude to send someone to voicemail regardless though.

Cell phone, yes.

Even if you're in the middle of something you can make an effort to return the call, can't you?

I probably won't pick up if I'm on the road or in a shop, cause I think it's rude, but I try to send a quick text back if I can.

My cell phone which is "Verizon", picks up as voicemail, after only one and a half, to two rings, when I have it turned off.

Maybe that's the case with your friend?

Verizon phones go to voicemail immediately if they're off...I know lots about cell phones

I'm probably more peeved that plans were made and now I'm sitting here on my butt. The voicemail thing was just the icing on the cake.

No sheet? thats just wrong!

Yup, now you know.

I hate to admit it, but I do send people to voicemail sometimes if I can't talk to them, but I always hit the 'silence' button, that way the phone keeps ringing on their end, but not on mine, so they never know. shhh

Yup, now you know.

I hate to admit it, but I do send people to voicemail sometimes if I can't talk to them, but I always hit the 'silence' button, that way the phone keeps ringing on their end, but not on mine, so they never know. shhh

well thanks, cap! If you would have told me this earlier in the confessions thread...then I wouldn't have been blind sided in this one.

Yup, now you know.

I have absolutely no problem with this. The fact of the matter is that when you send someone to voicemail rather than silence your ringer, you're letting them know that their call wasn't important enough to you to pick it up. Just rude!

maybe they're busy. it's my pet peeve when someone is with me, then they answer calls in the middle of our date (yup, just happened to me!!!) i find that more rude than not answering the phone. or worse, those people who talk during the movies!!!

i call people back when i get a chance.

maybe they're busy. it's my pet peeve when someone is with me, then they answer calls in the middle of our date (yup, just happened to me!!!) i find that more rude than not answering the phone. or worse, those people who talk during the movies!!!

i call people back when i get a chance.

I get this annie, but we made plans to hang out tonight. So if she's busy or she found something better to do then she could have at least called and said she couldn't make it out.

Archived