Changing My Ways

Since my last thread about my weight, I have decided to do something about it. People were telling me what I was eating was all wrong. thereforeee I went to visit a nutritionalist. I told her what i was eating, and where and why I wanted to lose weight.

She then went through things that I should be doing.

She said that I should be eating a large breakfast, a healthy lunch and then a filling dinner. She has given me this diet plan below which starts tomorrow for one week (just to see how it goes...)

Friday

Breakfast - One Scrambled Egg and 1 Quorn Sausage

Lunch - Mexican Chicken Salad

Dinner - Chicken dinner with Veg (no gravy or potatoes)

Saturday

Breakfast - Strawberries, Cherries and Blueberries in plain natural yogurt

Lunch - Egg and Ham Omlette

Dinner - Ham Salad

Sunday

Breakfast - 1 Boiled Egg

Lunch - Chicken Salad

Dinner - Egg and Ham Omlette

Monday

Breakfast - 1 Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans

Lunch - Chicken Salad and one Activia yogurt

Dinner - Chicken dinner with Veg (no gravy or potatoes)

Tuesday

Breakfast - 1 Fried Egg (using 1 calories spray instead of oil), and 1 Quorn Sausage

Lunch - Tuna Salad and one Activia yogurt

Dinner - Fish (Salmon?) and Veg

Wednesday

Breakfast - 1 Boiled Egg

Lunch - Mexican Chicken Salad

Dinner - Egg and Ham Omlette

Thursday

Breakfast - 1 Scrambled Egg and Beans

Lunch - Ham Salad and one Activia yogurt

Dinner - (i'm going to a bbq so she told me just to have 1 sausage...to keep away from bread and have salad if there's salad there)

That's all she has given me so far, and I was just wondering what everyone thinks of this? Good or bad?

Thanks

xx

It seems OK, but I think you are going to need to account for snacks. You will be more likely to stick to it if you are allowed to nibble on things in between meals.

I like carrot sticks with a sour cream dip.

Or celery sticks.

With celery, you actually burn more calories digesting it than what's in it!

I think you will also need something with your boiled eggs in the morning. I know you say you are avoiding bread - maybe have it with some wholewheat pasta and a little salad cream.

Two tips:

Stay active. You can eat whatever you want so long as you're burning it off.

Eat the biggest meals earlier. If you eat big, filling meals early, you'll be less likely to feel hungry in between meals, and it means you get the chance to burn it off during the day.

You don't have to hit the gym for a good exercise. You use up as many calories walking a mile as running a mile.

Archived