Karma, not sure what to think?

Some may know my story. Brief snapshot, my ex left me to go back to her ex. She told me that he was not right for her but she still went back. He was horrible and I had a strong feeling that it wouldn't work with them. I just found out today that they broke up after being back together for 3 months. (apparently this happened a few weeks ago) They only dated for three months the first time.

I have been pretty much healed by now, but for some reason I feeling like what might have been if she had just thought things through and didn't go back to him. I went cold NC when I found out about them. She has not contacted me at all even after their breakup. And I don't know why but I feel confused about my feelings? Any thoughts?

I think maybe your ego is bruised because she hasn't contacted you after the breakup with her ex. You're expecting her to contact you and see if she can have another chance. But since she hasn't, you're beginning to wonder why. Perfectly normal.

However, I think if she doesn't contact you, then that shows she respects you and knows that you deserve more than to be strung back and forth.

You're doing great! Keep NC!!

I can't go back, she left me for him and i'm sure talked to him behind my back and that to me is a deal breaker. It might be my ego that is bruised. I just keep thinking to myself "I told you so..." It was so obvious to me that they wouldn't work but she left anyway. I almost feel like its left unfinished, if she didn't leave me for him we would still be together.

I have been through something similar with my ex, had been with her for 7 years before she left me for a friend of ours. Even though I classed him as a friend at the time, everyone knew... apart from her apparently, that he was a player. So anyway a year and a half later the guy leaves her for another women... even she admits its karma catching up with her. But I too had a bit of a sense of things seeming unfinished, like I went through all the pain of us breaking for no real reason. I do get a sense of "I told you so" but I'm not going to point that out to her cos I don't think it would be fair and I think she's aware of her mistakes.

I have been through something similar with my ex, had been with her for 7 years before she left me for a friend of ours. Even though I classed him as a friend at the time, everyone knew... apart from her apparently, that he was a player. So anyway a year and a half later the guy leaves her for another women... even she admits its karma catching up with her. But I too had a bit of a sense of things seeming unfinished, like I went through all the pain of us breaking for no real reason. I do get a sense of "I told you so" but I'm not going to point that out to her cos I don't think it would be fair and I think she's aware of her mistakes.

That's mighty noble of you. I'm still in the "i told you so" frame of mind. My ex left me a year ago, after being with him for 9 years, and being engaged, for a chick he works with, that has nothing on me! Anyway, secretly i hope it doesn't work, and i feel like i would paint a big "I told you so" on his door step. I know that's mean, but i guess i'm in the angry stage still. I pray to forgive him one day. haha.

Archived