Its been about a month since I broke up with my girlfriend, I love her and I think she loves me.. how much longer should I wait to move on..its been about 2 months..

I think that whether or not you're going to get back together in the future, you need to move on right now. The couples that I know that have reunited successfully moved on after the breakup and didn't think they'd get back together.

I think that whether or not you're going to get back together in the future, you need to move on right now. The couples that I know that have reunited successfully moved on after the breakup and didn't think they'd get back together.

I agree with this completely. Moving on doesn't necessarily mean you have to start dating straight away if you don't feel like it, but it does mean that you should be at least moving on with your life and trying not to pine.

Move on, improve yourself, not for her but for yourself. If it's meant to be, then i'm sure the two of you wil get back together.

It took me a few weeks to accept that my girlfriend broke up with me, when I was able to move on I took every reason she gave for the break up and improved upon it. I kept telling myself "She left you because of this, you need to change." I changed, but it wasn't for her, it was for myself, I still hang out with my ex and everytim I do I am able to show her that I no longer go off because of the smallest things. I posted two nights ago that I had a nice night with my ex, but I felt no need to get back with her. Ever since, she has been looking at me the way she did when we were still in love, staring at me for long periods of time, winking, cocking eyebrows etc, last night she even took my arm and positioned around her.

I can't give any concrete advice because, just because this seems to be working for me, doesn't mean it will work for everybody. But I can say this, if the reasons she gave for the break had to do with a personality or attitude problem in you and you agree with it (Like I did,) change, but do it for yourself because the chance of her coming back is just that, a chance... it is not a sure thing, if you change for her and she doesn't come back, you'll find yourself starting your healing process all over again.

Just because you're moving on doesn't mean you're giving up, you may move on and still want her back... but if you've moved on, you will realize that there is much more to life than just her.

Letting go is very hard, even for me and I've never been in love. I can't imagine how hard it must be for someone who has. But I do know that it takes a long time, but it is amazing and liberating when you do. It's like a huge weight being lifted off your shoulders.

Archived