Is there any hope?!

ashlynn00

I will sum things up....... My boyfriend and I broke up 1 week ago, he is confused, needs space, wants to be with friends, etc. We got together fast because we connected so well. When we broke up, he told me he still loved me and thought it might be a mistake, but we were starting to argue over little things. I recently went over there a few days ago to give his Mom some stuff. We talked a little and he leaned in for a hug and I asked him why he was doing that and he still hugged me anyway.. We talked a little bit longer and he grabbed me for another hug I shook his shoulders and laughed when I said " I just want to shake you, what are you doing!" he just grinned... I told him I was probably going to start moving on and he replied, "It's only been 1 week since we brokeup" Also, he says he thought about me the other day and got depressed so he had to call friends to hang out with. I am just confused on what I should do. I love him so much and want to be with him and he knows this. I got scared of commitment when I was 21 and had to back off my ex for about 1 month and then we were back togehter. I recenlty graduated college so I am thinking he's just confused and scared..... Any advice would be wonderful! What do you think these mixed signals mean...I am going out with friends and enjoying myself but he's always in the back of my mind because I want to be with him

Hey ashlynn

I am sorry to hear about your problems here - these aren't easy times.

He has asked for space blah because he is confused and just wants to spend time with his friends. Sounds like he just doesn't want a relationship with you. Maybe he is confused - maybe, like you, he will come back around again - and maybe he won't.

He may be confused and there isn't much you can do about that, but you can put an end to your own confusion.

You would do well to assume this is a done deal and that he is not going to come back around. He has asked for space - give it to him - give him all the space in the world. As for being a friend to him - I don't know but i can never do that - I have enough friends already. I find it far too painful to hang around someone that I still have romantic feelings and hope for reconcilliation.

It sounds like you are actually coping really well with all of this and you are keeping busy, going out with friends and having fun.

As I say - nobody knows what will happen in the future - but go out and live your life. If he comes back around then great - and if not - you will be a step ahead of the game in getting yourself back together again. And who knows - it might be that someone much better comes along and sweeps you off your feet. Someone who isn't confused and who does know that they want to be with you. You sound like a good catch to me and i think your ex is going to look back at some point in his life and really kick himself for losing you.

Mark

Archived