Ex Girlfriends New BF is Abusive - Unsure Of If I Can Help

So I met up with my ex gf today at the mall and after some talking I found out that her current boyfriend is very controlling and abusive. She told me that he calls her every name in the book and told her that he owns her and if she were to ever try anything stupid that she would be sorry. I dont understand why she is still with him but I feel like she is scared and doesnt know what to do. She told me that she invited him over to meet her parents and he came over drunk and was using alot of profanity when talking to them.

Also, she said that he will grab her by the arm and pull her towards him sometimes if they are to disagree on something

I have a really bad feeling about this and I really care about her but Im not sure whether I should just stay out of her business or do something to help her because Im worried that one day he is going to try something that might hurt her very badly and itll be too late...I sort of feel like it is my obligation to help her but at the same time I dont know what to do or how to help I feel like finding this guy myself and teaching him a lesson but I know that wont help the situation itll only make things worse.

I told her to leave him but shes afraid that he will find her or come to her house and hurt her...

Any advice

Archived