Need Advice / Suggestion

sg75

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some sincere advice from both men and women out there who can help me with this situation.

I met this woman few months ago and we became friends. Ofcourse she lives in my neighbourhood. After long wait and time I expressed my feelings but she turned me down. I remain persistent and recently again we had a conversation and her remarks were "It will not work out"...I want to understand from you guys what does it mean...Is she not attracted to me. The reason why she said it was of age factor...I am younger for her and she cannot get out of that mind block.

Help me with your sincere advice guys.

SG

Hi and welcome!

She told you straight out that it wil not work. Listen to her. by going back and being 'persistent' it will just annoy her, and turnher off even more, not make her change her mind.

yes, age can matter, if it matters to her, then that's her preference.

I agree - she was good enough to tell you straight out that age is a problem for her, instead of lead you on, let you know up front. And maybe it's more of where you are in life. You don't tell ages here. Right before I got my bachelor's degree, I met a guy, very nice and I really liked him and he was a few years younger than I, but he was just starting college... that's great and all, but not what I was looking for.... I just busted mine getting through school and wanted someone more on the same level.

I say age shouldn't matter, but honestly, if a guy my daughter's age, like 26-30, were to show an interest in me... it can see where it may make me feel weird.

Well its not just that simple...She has been leading me on with messages etc and than back off when the time comes... And we are only having 8 years diffference which to me does not matter.

yeah but it matters to her.. and she told you 'no'

Listen to what she says

Well its not just that simple...She has been leading me on with messages etc and than back off when the time comes... And we are only having 8 years diffference which to me does not matter.

More detail needed please, describe the content of these messages and other indications of interest. If you have asked twice, and she has said no, then you should probably move on. Some people play a bit hard to get and can be coy at first though. Does she welcome your attempts when she declines? Smile, flirt? or look at you like spoiled milk?

It is very hard to start out as friends then decide you would like to date her. Most of the time it wont happen.

The age excuse is just that an excuse because of the lack of attraction or whatever on her part.

The text messaging is a way for her to receive some attention or validation. She means no harm and probally does not realize she is leading you on.

I would move on after 2 turn downs. Up to you wheather you want to remain friends or not.

Archived