Need to urinate a LOT in certain situations

My problem seems to be if I am in a meeting, on an long phone call (work) or driving through traffic. I have an appointment with my GP on Thursday as I feel this problem is Anxiety based. Whilst I may have had a medical condition (chronic UTI + Type 2 Diabetes) I feel that the mental trauma of being ill coupled with difficult personal circumstances have blown this problem up. I will discuss with GP possible course of medication for anxiety.

Its the next step for me...................I can take a million different pills but have issues in my life that need to be dealt with and I feel that this problem I have is the product of them. I need some help. Even if the GP is reluctant I have a consultants appointment at the the end of the month and I will discuss this then.

Wish me luck.

Oggy

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

guess what? I'm in the same situation and it really is annoying isn't it? I'm usually fine (but not always) if I'm somewhere where I've got access to a toilet - at home, work, friends, plane, train, etc. If I've not got easy access to a toilet then that's when the trouble starts. If I go to the cinema then I can watch a 3 hour film without needing to go because the film has distracted me, but if I'm called into a meeting at work for just 10 minutes then I need to go beforehand. The thing I really dread is car trips as I know I've not got access to a toilet, the problem is I've got a car trip coming up in a months about which will be 2 hours+ in journey time, and that is worrying me (as I'm sure you can all relate to). Last night was pretty embarrassing as I went to see a stand-up routing with a few friends. I went before the show started, and then there was an intermission about 25 minutes in, and so of course I started to get the urge. I held on for awhile during the intermission and then my I gave in and dashed to the toilet and managed to get back just in time for the show to continue.

Over the last few weeks I've gone through all the usual blood, urine, prostate tests, and they're all clear. I'm now left with the rather charming cystoscopy next week, but it's looking like that will be clear.

I drink anything with caffeine in it. Any helpful suggestions that you may have come up with or encountered would greatly be appreciated.

Archived