Remembering most dreams now?

RedPenguin

I'm currently 19 years old, with a history of depression, social anxiety, OCD, ODD, ADHD. and now possibly Bipolar.. I don't like all those "letters" but that's why the doctors tell me basically.

For the longest time, probably at least 17 years, I can hardly ever remember, remembering any dream, and if I did, it was once or twice.

When I was in High School, around the age of I guess 14-17, (my Birthday was always in June after the school year), I would mostly be depressed, social anxietic, and talk to really no one.

Though, I still have a little depression left and some social anxiety, I can talk to way more people, start talking to almost anyone, and most of all, don't feel depressed, not nearly as much as I did before, not even close.

Probably starting about 8 months ago, I would start to actually have weird dreams that I would remember.

It started out that I would be running from people at first then I would kinda wake up scared and for a minute or two, it still felt like I was in the dream.

Then I started to have dreams like I was famous or at least becoming very popular and finally got the "dream job" that I've always wanted.

Yesterday, I actually drept that this girl I used to like, that I don't see anymore, after I told her, she's cute and attractive, that she just fell for me. (I'm not kidding, for whatever reason I drept this).

I'm not saying these are really strange dreams, I'm just surprised because for so long, I never remember, remembering any dreams at all, now I remember them, and often it seems like they are related to every day life, and now sometimes, what happened in a dream feels real. I mean once or twice, it was like, I had to remember if that was a dream or not.

Is this just normal every day dreaming? I mean, why all the sudden, once I got way happier, less depressed, and less social anxetic, did I just start having wild and graphic dreams and all the sudden can remember most of them now, when I never usually could?

For me the dreams I remember, often have the significance of working through some anxiety, personal issue, problems in a very abstract way.

Yours seem to have similar character. I think our minds can do this, struggle through in our sleep and it may be a very good sign that your subconscious is dealing with these needs, hopes and fears.

For me the dreams I remember, often have the significance of working through some anxiety, personal issue, problems in a very abstract way.

Yours seem to have similar character. I think our minds can do this, struggle through in our sleep and it may be a very good sign that your subconscious is dealing with these needs, hopes and fears.

That's what I was thinking of also. I was just surprised that when I was constantly depressed and had way more problems before, I couldn't really remember any dreams, yet when I have less problems, suddenly I can wake up almost everyday and have a dream to remember.

Last Night/Today's dream kinda threw me off, I mean, I can understand running away from people, because I have fear, but this one was more of a want or something, I mean, it wasn't one where the girl runs away or doesn't like me, it was where the girl and I get together, and then I just remember we were moments away from sex, and I just woke up.

I noticed normally when I have a dream about a girl, the minute any sex is possible, I suddenly wake up, that's one of the strange parts.

Also, I noticed even when I was not really afraid of anything, I still had dreams of running from people, but there were none to run away from.

Also, some fears never seem to happen in my dreams, like if I have a fear I'm going to fail an upcoming test, I never get a dream about that.

Sometimes I think my brain acts the opposite in dreamland, like if I feel I'm not going to do something, my brain dreams that I do. LoL.

EDIT: More on the opposite dreams, I've had girls who turned me down (some were just rude and mean about it (mostly High School)), yet, in my dreams, they've adored me or I got them eventually to like me and they found out they were wrong about me.

Also, I noticed my daily life is different, where I would constantly feel that something bad is going to happen, I now have feelings like, something good is going to happy or that nothing bad is going to happen. I keep having feels like I'm going to have a great job, have a nice girl, etc. I don't really feel I will be better than anyone, but I keep on feeling, that if I live my life, the way I am, I will have a good life. Many of my friends and family say the same thing about me. Some have even said I will most likely be the next Bill Gates. LoL.

Archived