so i'm confused about my gf right now. not sure if its what i want, plus there's this other girl, lol. basically i met my current gf through her cousin, and i feel as if our relationship started as a 'convenience' sort of thing. we both wanted a prom date, and we both were single. so there you go, a week later we were 'dating'. i had second thoughts about it at first, and then kinda pushed those feelings away. about 3 weeks into it she let the words 'i love you' slip, and i basically told her she was going way too fast. i'm just not emotionally attached to her like that, but i can tell she is feeling that way, and we're only 1.5 months into dating. she's kinda clingy, always wanted to spend time, but i have sports and a job, and whatever free time i have i try to get some homework done. and she goes to a different school. its almost like she expects me to quit everything i'm doing to hang out with her. i like spending time with her, but my school work is important too. she is always telling me how great of a guy and bf i am, and i feel so guilty when she ways that b/c i really have not been. its only been a week after prom and i feel it wouldnt be good on my part to tell her how i feel, but i dont know what i'm gonna do lol.

and then there's the other girl lol. this girl goes to school with me, has the same classes, and she is in the same sport as me. we have a lot of fun with each other and we always have a laugh. i've liked her ever since she moved to my school, but i never thought she really liked me. so as prom was coming around, i didnt ask her to go (i know i should have...), and some guy who had a crush on her did. she went with him, even though she thinks he's weird and all. i told her i was gonna ask her, and then i asked her if she would of said yes, and she said she would have went with me. on top of all that, i've have countless people in the last few weeks asking me why i haven't asked her out yet, telling me that we would be a cute couple and all. and today in class some kids were being loud and trying to get me to ask her out, and the girl is in there with us lol. then they made fun of me cause i got embarrassed. then after class i asked a friend if it was obvious that i liked her, and he said that he knew i liked her a long time ago. then he said he thinks she probably likes me too, the way she's acting and stuff.

i'm just so confused right now. i feel like my current gf wants to rush things and she has feelings for me that i dont really have for her. i just feel bad about it but i cant really talk to her... and now i'm seeing that i had/have a chance with a girl that i've liked for a long time, but i cant make a move lol. i've even had teachers confront me ad ask what was going on b/t us, and they are surprised to hear that we aren't even talking. im sorry for the long post, but i just needed to vent some of this stuff thats been building up for the past 2 months... any input is appreciated.

It honestly sounds like you don't much care for your current girlfriend in a romantic way. You describe her rather coldly and detachedly. It sounds like your true feelings lie with this other girl. Like I told another high-schooler here (I'm just out of high school, btw), high school (and life, really) is too short for this kinda stuff. Get with the girl who makes your blood flow!

It honestly sounds like you don't much care for your current girlfriend in a romantic way. You describe her rather coldly and detachedly. It sounds like your true feelings lie with this other girl. Like I told another high-schooler here (I'm just out of high school, btw), high school (and life, really) is too short for this kinda stuff. Get with the girl who makes your blood flow!

basically what i was thinking... just needed someone to give me some backing.

Okay firstly on the behalf on the girls defense. Sometimes they let those three words slip in the heat of the moment. Without thinking about it or actually meaning it. It just seems like the right thing to say.

But i do agree, no point in being with her if you don't feel that way about her, you both deserve more then that.

sounds like you want what you can't have. now that this girl is all about you it's a turnoff.

i'm not following you... lol its not so much a turnoff, its just that the feelings were never really there, and now that she has them i realize that i dont.

so i called her tonight and told her about how i felt, and she basically got upset (expected) and wanted to know if i had been faking it the whole time. i explained myself and she thinks i'm a huge jerk, but she wont accept the breakup part until we talk about it in person. i told her i would think about it, even though i know my answer will still be the same. but basically we're done, and i dont care if she thinks i'm a jerk, i already told her i was acting like one and that she needed to stop denying it. oh well, i think its better for the both of us now that we're basically done.

Archived