I feel sad all the time..

wheezy84

Dear ena'ers..

I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I used to be so happy a few years ago, and everything has gone wrong since then.

I'm 24 and quite shy in nature. Since I left home to study abroad, I've found it hard to make lots of new friends, but I manage with a few close ones.

I made it into a good university, to do medicine. I used to accomplish a lot in my life and was full of energy.

Since I started uni, I've had a horrible experience with a boyfriend, and I didn't socialize much or do much. I lost my virginity to him, he cheated. We broke up and got back and broke up again. I feel scarred for life from that experience.

Since that I've lost motivation to do anything. I don't feel I am in the right course, partially because I am doing so badly in it I barely pass every exam. I am filled with stress. My few friends in university are just for company during school hours. I spend most of my time alone.

I feel so lost most days and I don't know where my life is headed. I have accomplished nothing, I am putting on weight, my confidence has dropped to a point of no return.

I don't know what to do anymore. I have my final exams in 3 weeks and I have just been sitting around crying for no reason, self pitying.

I know I seem pathetic, but I can't help it. I wish I could go back to my teenager days when I was popular, smart, energetic and not dumb enough to give up my body to a man who treated me like a ... yeah.

I feel so regretful of so many things in life, and although I try to be patient and wait to see what happens, I can't see anything bright in my future..

Hey Wheezy, I feel for you. Anyone can see that you're down and in need of some help here. It's easy when we get into a rut to think there's no way out, but instead of focusing on negatives, flip it around and focus on the positives. What do you like about what you are doing? How do you have that you could talk to about this?

Everyone needs someone to talk to, to share the burden, and maybe if you don't feel you have anyone around then it is better to talk to someone ont he telephone. i don't know where you are from, but most places have a helpline of some discription that will be non-judgemental and help you work through your emotions. You say you have accomplished nothing, but to have got this far in your studies you must have worked hard, and that in itself is an accomplishment. Although you may not feel like it, you really must push through this and give your all in your final exam, as I am sure you would feel worse if at the end of this you did not do as well as you had hoped.

Things seem terrible now, but in time they will get better. This man who used you and left is not deserving of the wonderful human being that you are, and when the time is right you will find someone who truly appreciates your unique qualities and who wants to be with you for you. It's easy to have regrets, we all do, but dont let those regrets define what you do in the future, for you have a great one in front of you.

Know that there are people here who care, who feel your plight, and keep us informed.

Best of luck.

I think first off you need to see a counselor and an academic advisor...

I am sorry you are in so much pain but you really need to talk to someone and figure out what is the best way to proceed in to exam time...there are options you just need to ask for them..

Archived