Why can't I ever accept anything good?

foolish

Ok, so here is my story. I was in a relationship for 3 years and we broke up over 1.5 years ago. I was heartbroken, he broke up with me. He had intimacy issues and he gambled all the time, it wasn't right from the start. Deep down he was a good person and very smart. After he broke it off I fell into a deep depression blaming myself for his intimacy issues with me (he was on paxil, need I say more). I tried to get over it all and date again but I just kept comparing every guy I dated to him. It took me until a month ago to realize what I was doing and finally met someone nice and gave him a chance. He works 3 jobs and has a daughter (I have no kids and I don't plan on having kids anytime soon) and we have only hung out like 4 times in the past month. All the times we were together I had to have my family around to feel comfortable, its been a while since I've been alone with someone. Well it finally occurred to me that I have a problem, we were alone for the first time last night at his house and we were kissing and I freaked out. Its not that I don't like him, its just that I was totally turned off cuz he is not a very good kisser. I tried to come up with a lame excuse on why I had to leave, but he could see right through me. ahhh. I don't want to break it off with this guy over something silly like this. help!

I personally wouldn't break up with someone just because she isn't a good kisser, if I like everything else about her.

But perhaps there are other things about him that you aren't able to pinpoint but which make the whole relationship feel not right.

I'd suggest you keep trying for a bit and see if things improve. If it still doesn't feel right, then move on.

Archived