Make these Images Stop!!!

I have been divorced for a couple of months and I am dealing the best way I know to get over my ex wife. She told me last week that she is seeing someone else and that she plans on him being in her future. Them being together is one thing but the images of them that keep entering my mind is killing me. I see them making love, I see them holding hands, I see all of these vivid images and I cant make them stop. There is nothing worse than waking up at 2am and all you can think about is how the women you love, the women that left you is giving her body to some other man. I want them to stop so bad.....

i understand exactly how that feels but me i just try to think of something else as fast as i could

next time you wake up to those thought just go in the kitchen and fix up a snack or watch tv or something. do anything to get your mind off of it

go work out or something if it keepsd floating in your head. just try to forget it even thiough it must be hard since it seems as though you still love her just remembeer that you should try your hardest to get over her try to be friends with her still if its possible but try to get over it

I hope this helps

I have been where you are.

The good news first. It shows how good of a heart that you have that it bothers you to imagine her with another man. This shows you have a good heart. If it didn't bother you... that would be something to be bothered about.

It sounds like she decided to move on. Even if she was doing this just to hurt you, she's got some problems.

It's time to focus on your future without her. Focus on your future, very specifically, and what you want. Time to leave her behind, and distance yourself as much as possible.

If you wake up at 2am with the images, there isn't much you can do about that, but I do know that if you spend your day focusing on your future, your nights will get better. Again, I've been there, it hurts.. I know... but eventually everything works out.

Having constant thoughts of a former loved one can be a very stressful thing.

Here are some steps to help you.

1. Invest in 3 new hobbies. If you already have one, invest more time into this hobby.

2. Start dating again. If you are not ready, then lean more on your friends and spend more time with them.

3. Next time you have a disturbing vision, yell to yourself for it to go away and replace it with thoughts of bills that are due, repairs that need to be done, or personal goals that you are working at completing.

The road before you will be hard. But the key to this is learning how to embrace these thoughts softly and slowly with less pain. You will have to be strong and know that you will beat this.

You will be fine.

Good luck to you.

Best thing you can do for this specific set of images is focus your imagination on a new woman. Trying to "not" think about something is tough, because you have to think about it to not think about it, you know? So you can't escape.

The T.V., snacks, etc. idea is another avenue, but the best approach in my opinion is to develop new passions that draw you in, rather than trying to fill this hole with stuff that's, well, not too interesting, anyway.