any advice would be greatly appreciated

murrman

Hi everyone I met this girl through my best friend's girlfriend and I really like her. The problem is her friend is from the UK and I only hung out with her for a few days when she came to visit my friends g/f. During those few days that she was here we became great friends and we said we would stay in contact through email. I know for a fact that she really likes me too because she told my best friend. My best friends g/f is also from the UK and makes frequent trips there and sees her when she is there. The girl that i like left a couple of days ago and I was wondering when, how often I should email her, also I need some good ideas on what to put in my emails (I have not emailed her yet). I want the content and the timing of my emails to keep her interested in me and eventually throw in the fact that I have a crush on her Thanks so much!

Aw, romance is alive! That's great, murrman.

It's okay to wait about a week before e-mailing her. E-mailing less than a week after she leaves is okay, but just don't be desperate about it. I've met guys through visiting friends, and it's nice when they start with some pleasantries: Great to hang out with you, I really enjoyed your company, it was so much fun when we all went and did whatever-whatever, etc.

The most important thing when you're e-mailing is to keep the connection alive. Find out more about her, and relate to what you find out. That's a sure sign of someone interesting -- a guy who can jump into where *I'm* at and have some curiosity or opinion or story about it. (Watch out on the opinions, though. No one likes someone who just disagrees or comes off like a know-it-all. Opinions should be more like "observations" -- more like what you think or have noticed.)

I'd also just let her know what you're about, what your life's like, etc. If you have something good between you, don't worry too much about keeping her interested. She *will* be interested -- naturally.

Best o' luck.

long distance relationship eh?

hmm,

well, it can be a hard road to do that but you asked for advice so:

As previous posters said, simply *pay attention*. When she says she is interested in ferrets (or something) in passing in a conversation, you have to notice and file that in the back of your mind! Then later you give her some gift or point to some song or website about ferrets and she is going to notice that YOU noticed!

(The technical term would be you are making a "feedback loop" of interest in each other)

People are attracted to people that are interested in them, especially ladies. (Guys can be stupid about subtle clues like that, but ladies usually don't miss them.)