Is everyone unique in thought?

Boughs

Do you think everyone is truly unique?

As I think a lot of people do believe they are unique, I tend not to.

I think that everyone goes through hard times and has to deal with them. Although different circumstances, there is a general path/state of mind that we experience that is not unique to a single individual. Everyone is unique due to the collection of unique experiences, but in the end we do similar things to cope with issues that are not that much more unique from person to person.

Anyone think that people who consider themselves "unique" tend to be self-loving and potentially blind?

Perhaps I'm coming off harsher than I actually think, but I'd love some opinions.

People are similar to each other, and because of that, we do often tend to deal with situations in similar ways.

However, each person interprets experiences through the lens of their background/previous experiences/family influence, etc. These are different for everyone, so everyone is going to experience the same thing slightly differently, thus resulting in unique, but often more similar than they realize, people.

In my opinion.

Is it a coincidence that you have posted this on dating? Because I believe that what people look in a person when dating is very similar from one person to another. They want someone who is good looking, smiling, dynamic, optimist, intelligent and easy-going.

However, I believe that everyone is truly unique, yes, because every person starts their life with different parents and that the rest of the life is piled and based on the first pillars.

Sorry, I was really upset last night when my GF and I got into this argument. Overall we came out with different views.

She said "I can't imagine that you have compassion with a view that people are not unique" when she's told me all along she thinks I have a lot of compassion for people... then suddenly just because of the basis of my beliefs... she thinks I'm not.

So I guess this was a fight over this situation.

Firiel... best advice I could imagine to receive. I will probably recite that to her... see if she understands my perspective.

BYOB... I appreciate your response. I believe everyone is unique in individual details, but the overall summation, we are all but human beings with emotions.

everyone is essentially different.. but i think unique is defined by what we value or find out of the ordinary. I think there is a fair cluster of people who are not unique.. but thats because i do not value them as individuals enough to deem them as 'unique'

Cheerleaders for a broad example. playboy bunnies. I dont care enough to value them for their individual differences.. because to me they are all essentially the same.

I havent met many people who are like me even in broad terms, so i would consider who and what i am to be unique. . . and i happen to value myself. . . what a coincidence.

We all share similar characteristics, but its the combination of those characteristics that make us unique. thereforeee, we are all unique, but not necessarily all equally special. Special requires some form of interest in part of the observer, which is relative.

However, that does not mean we are all equally important; it all depends on the scope. In the greater scope of things, we are all equally and infinitely important. Our actions today have ripple effects throughout the universe. But, if you put it in the scope in terms of your life and your priorities, or some other smaller scope, then you'll find that the existence of one person is not necessarily important to you or someone else. In the scope of national security, for instance, the actions of a hobo pale in importance in comparison to the actions of the president.

Archived