I decided to put this in personal growth because I'm here to say about a few things that would come into multiple categories.

Anyway, last year I came out of a very long relationship because I was cheated on. This effected me loads and I was still in contact for ages (despite this forum telling me that keeping in contact was a bad idea) and she went on to hurt me again. I was trying desperately to get her back but she kept me at arms length and seemed to use me as a way to boost her confidence when it was down.

Shortly after this, I lost my 18 year old brother to meningicoccal Septicimia (Meningitis) and this, naturally tore me up. It was after his death that I decided that I had to sort my life out. So I sent my ex a non-emotional email about how I wanted to no longer have contact with her and just move on.

She never replied to this so I assumed it was over and met another girl. I quite liked this girl, we got on fine. She was the quiet type which was very different to my ex. We went out for about a month and then she cheated on me so I just called it off and moved on without thinking too much about it.

I have got my life very much on track and now run a record label and media company. But I have found myself in a bit of a predicament. You see, I can choose who goes to see my bands at certain venues, and one of these venues is my first ex's favourite hangout. So the ability to have her no longer go there appeals to me because I've been very angry lately (I can't stop thinking about her, no matter what I do).

So I wonder if "doing justice" (as my friend called it) would really be what I want.

I also want to know about how I can stop thinking about her and just move on because I'm really starting to distress over not being able to stop thinking about her.

Archived