confident guy- Im not

blueangel

Okay so question

My friend doesnt talk to me as much in school as he does sometimes online. Instead, i always feel caught off guard because he goes bye, smiles wide, does a half wave and nods to me,

"Hey! What's up!" and then I smile and nod his way, sayin "nothin" kinda awkwardly and he keeps going.

Any advice as what to counter him with as a friendly hello to be confident back. Since he goes by so fast, I want to say something funny and memorable. Or just less awkward. Any advise?

This is the cutest post I've read in a long time. So damned cute. I think that you shoudl hold out your hand, say "Where do you think you're going... chat awhile" and just see what happens.

Now, picture the absolute WORST thing that could happen from this? What has transpired? Have you stuttered? Did you talk too quickly? Did he say "Wow, you're really nervous, aren't you?" Maybe he laughed at you?

Ok, pretend all of that just happened. Now, deep breath. Look at yourself in the mirror. You are still you. You are still smart. You are still pretty. You are still thoughtful. You'll probably notice that all of your limbs are still attached. You're not bleeding. Erah, bad example. You could be bleeding. But you're still alive! And him? He still doesn't have the girl.

There is literally nothing you can do wrong. Once you realize that there is nothing you could do or say that is "wrong" as long as you believe that nothing you could do or say could be wrong (as long as you're genuine and your true self) then everything is simple. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

You'll be surprised just how well people take to someone who says what they think when they think it. It's so disarming that he won't be able to help but like you.

Archived