how to tell if interested or flirting?

Caterina

I've been wrong about guys liking me a lot. I've thought they liked me when they didn't and thought that they didn't like me when they did.

So how do you know so you don't look like a fool?

There is this very good looking guy who works at an exchange company who flirts with me in that he smiles at me and asks me questions about myself. Next time I see him, should I give him my number or should I see if he asks me for mine? Maybe I'm wrong...maybe he's just bored and is flirting for a good time?

That's a tough question. Some guys understand women more than others so one guy might get the hint when you say something suggestive while another guy will not. Maybe you could ask him how he spends his weekends/what his interests are then ask if you can join him on one of his weekend activities.

Smiling and asking questions is not flirting.

Be open, be available and smile. If the guy is interested, he will make a move (unless he is extremely shy).

I was talking to this one guy who said that the guy might fear rejection b/c he's unsure. What does that mean and is it true?

Some guys won't ask because they're afraid. I'm wondering if this guy was hinting to me that he was afraid.

Just so I get the story straight, you are interested in A and think he might be flirting with you.

Then you speak with B, who is a colleague of yours, and B thinks that A won't ask you out because he fears you might reject him?

What is A's relationship to B in all of this?

Just so I get the story straight, you are interested in A and think he might be flirting with you.

Then you speak with B, who is a colleague of yours, and B thinks that A won't ask you out because he fears you might reject him?

What is A's relationship to B in all of this?

The only relationship they'd have is that they are both male and friends of mine.

BUt I'm also wondering if B was hinting that HE was afraid to ask me out and thats why he said that.

The only relationship they'd have is that they are both male and friends of mine.

BUt I'm also wondering if B was hinting that HE was afraid to ask me out and thats why he said that.

What is the context of the relationship with B? And what was the contexxt of the conversation?

No. Not at all. He could have been talking about another woman he's interested in. He could just be making a generalization. He could be trying to give you advice as to why A hasn't made a move.

I have to agree with other posters... think less, trust your intuition more. Yes, you'll probably screw up a few times and assume that someone is into you when he's not, or you won't notice that someone is into you when he is. The only way your intuition will improve, however, is by USING IT and REFINING IT based on your successes and failures.

No. Not at all. He could have been talking about another woman he's interested in. He could just be making a generalization. He could be trying to give you advice as to why A hasn't made a move.

I have to agree with other posters... think less, trust your intuition more. Yes, you'll probably screw up a few times and assume that someone is into you when he's not, or you won't notice that someone is into you when he is. The only way your intuition will improve, however, is by USING IT and REFINING IT based on your successes and failures.

Hmmm how do you do that?

Archived