Run with Me (To The Place In My Dreams)

Dagless

If my arms can not hold you then what are they for?

And if you can’t hear me say I love you then I’ll say it all the more

If my eyes can not look on you then my tears will keep them blurred

And if I can’t hear your voice then there’s nothing to be heard

So take my hand and run with me

To a place in my dreams where we can be

Where we hold each other and never let go

And we find it easy to let our feelings show

If my lips can not kiss you then what are they for?

And if you can’t hear me say I miss you then I’ll say it all the more

If I can not laugh with you then I’ll cry instead

And if I can’t touch your face then my feelings are dead

So you took hand and ran with me

To that place in my dreams where we’ll always be

Where we’ll hold each other and never let go

And we will always be together where our love will show

Another beauty, Dagless. I really think you have a gift, and a poet inside you. You have a knack for rhyme (which is not easy for me to pull off when I write poetry), but you do it very elegantly, and with a lot of naturalness.

I can really hear this as a song, played and sang soulfully...perhaps with just a guitar. It has such a lyrical and musical quality already, and the feelings behind it are so pure. I love the, "if my arms can't hold you, what are they for/if my lips can't kiss you, what are they for" parts so much. God, that really hits home, even for me who has not lost someone in the way you have. It touches me in the place in my heart where I lost my love, too. It's pretty universal, what you have written here in so many ways. Splendidly done.

Thanks TOV, It's really about loving someone you can't be with for whatever reason and all the physical agony that goes with it which is only eased when you're lost in your thoughts and dream of them.

I just really type out ideas then chop and change, sometimes I have an idea of how I want it to flow or come accross but other times it changes as I go along. A lot of the ideas don't really work and end up never being finished.