Can someone please explain this to me!

ninnin

Well someting embassing happened to me the other day. (Nothing relationship related just so you know). Well I guess it helps if you know a little about me. Since every year I've been in school I have always been know as the quiet kid. Honeslty it dosn't bother me because I have friends and all and people like me and respect me so its all there. But the other day...lord I wanted to shoot myself.

I was in history class and we were doing a warm-up. After a few minutes he was looking around the class to see who he can call on. My teacher calls on a girl to answer. But she didn't feel like it so she said "what about that guy over there?" of course she was talking about me (I'm used to it). And honestly I don't care about answering a stupid warm-up infront of the class. So the teacher changes his mind and calls on me. A few girls in the class all went "awwwwww" and one was like "your cool!" or something like that. Then a guy sitting next to me made a comment on how smart I was and I was like "okay" in my mind. I had a blank expression on my face and didn't say anyting.

Now this is not the first time this happened. Well similar things like this took place but not one this embarrassing. I honestly don't see why people view me as this shy scard little rabbit or whatever. There have always been other quiet people in my class and they never went through anything like that. Just Me!!

I guess what I am asking is have anyone experenced this or have gone through something similar? And how do you girls view guys in my situation, guys like me? Can someone tell me what that whole thing ment because its got me going nuts and I can't understand it at all to tell you the truth.

i'm a little confused as to what you don't understand about the situation. but hey, you said people like you and you have friends, and people thinking you're smart is a good thing. i don't know why a teacher would let that girl off the hook to pick on you, thats kinds of messed up, but thats besides the point. the important thing is, don't worry so much about how girls reacted to that situation. just be confident in yourself and your intelligence because you seem like a good kid.

A few girls in the class all went "awwwwww" and one was like "your cool!" or something like that. Then a guy sitting next to me made a comment on how smart I was

I'm responding as someone who has had some experience as a teacher. Take these comments at face value. I bet the kids in your class really like you and respect you because you're nice and smart. I wouldn't let it worry you.

It doesn't sound like they were putting you down in any way. They were teasing you, because they can probably tell you are a little shy. But I don't think that's a bad thing. When girls go ""awwwwww" or "you're cool!", things are looking good!

I agree with watupgangsta that it was "messed up" for the teacher to let the girl off the hook and to call on you just because you would know the answer. If this happens repeatedly, I would suggest talking to the teacher one on one after class and say you feel uncomfortable always being called on just because you know the answers.

It doesn't sound like they were putting you down in any way. They were teasing you, because they can probably tell you are a little shy. But I don't think that's a bad thing. When girls go ""awwwwww" or "you're cool!", things are looking good!

I agree with watupgangsta that it was "messed up" for the teacher to let the girl off the hook and to call on you just because you would know the answer. If this happens repeatedly, I would suggest talking to the teacher one on one after class and say you feel uncomfortable always being called on just because you know the answers.

So your saying the girls in my class view me as a good person. Yeah, I see that honestly. People have always said how smart I am and how cool of a person I am and I don't have problems with anyone so thats a big plus.

You think there is any possibility those girls may find me cute/adorable/attractive or anything like that? I only ask because I notice girls look at me differently and talk to me differnetly (you guys may remember the posts where I asked about girls and their tone of voice).

As for the teacher part. Honestly I don't really care being called on to answer. I just didn't care for the full attention by the girls in the class.

So your saying the girls in my class view me as a good person. Yeah, I see that honestly. People have always said how smart I am and how cool of a person I am and I don't have problems with anyone so thats a big plus.

You think there is any possibility those girls may find me cute/adorable/attractive or anything like that? I only ask because I notice girls look at me differently and talk to me differnetly (you guys may remember the posts where I asked about girls and their tone of voice).

Yes, I think they view you as a good person to know. You sound likable. And I definitely think there are lots of girls that would find a guy like you cute and adorable! Lots of girls like nice, smart, cool, somewhat shy guys. There are probably girls at your school feeling attracted to you and you probably aren't even noticing. LOL

That girl who said that NOTICES YOU.. that is a compliment, so be proud and hold your head up high, your a "cute guy mystery" to her I bet.. and she is curious as to what you are all about... so just keep being who you are, stay true to yourself, be proud of your "smarts" and continue to be kind, have a sense of humor about yourself and enjoy the attention... again it's a compliment.

Yes, I think they view you as a good person to know. You sound likable. And I definitely think there are lots of girls that would find a guy like you cute and adorable! Lots of girls like nice, smart, cool, somewhat shy guys. There are probably girls at your school feeling attracted to you and you probably aren't even noticing. LOL

LOL yeah I've had people say the same thing. Sometimes I think I see girls showing intrest but honestly I'm never too sure. How can I be more sure to tell the difference?

LOL yeah I've had people say the same thing. Sometimes I think I see girls showing intrest but honestly I'm never too sure. How can I be more sure to tell the difference?

Just keep paying attention. Flirt a little with a girl that compliments you and see how she responds. Have confidence in yourself that girls are attracted you.

Good question! And I don't have an answer for you because I'm not quite sure how to answer a teenage boy.

Since you say at the beginning of this thread that it's "Nothing relationship related," I suggest you start a new thread in the Attraction and Flirting section about this. And make sure to state your age. I think you'll find the answers you're looking for there.

Archived