Is this girl interested or not? What is my next step?

GainingStrength

This has been the sequence of events:

1st date (2 Thursdays ago): We went out for drinks, stayed out until 2am. Had a great time. She was really flirty; date ended with hugs.

2nd date (2 Saturdays ago): We went for a hike, she came to my place after for pizza/beer/TV. We snuggled on the couch. She fell asleep on the couch while I was playing with her hair/massaging her neck. She said she couldn't kiss me because of bad pizza/beer breath. Brought her home around 1am. We exchanged kisses on the cheek.

Last Monday she calls & invites me over for dinner that night at her house. I couldn't make it but thanked her for the invite.

Last Tuesday I call & invite her to dinner the next night (Wednesday). She sounds into it and accepts.

3rd date (Last Wednesday): I show up with flowers. We go to a swanky place, have a great time, finish off a bottle of wine. It's 9:30 and I ask if she wants to see a movie or if she has homework to do (she's still in school). She says she has to do some work. I brought her home. Kiss on the cheek. Did I overkill with flowers? It was only a few sunflowers.

I didn't hear from her on Thursday or Friday and then I knew she was leaving town Saturday -> Monday morning. Monday morning she IM'd quickly and chatted for a few minutes before she had to get ready for work.

So is the ball now in my court? Is she even still interested or was the IM her way of just being civil? I'm trying to figure out what the next move is. I'd really like her to ask me out, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

I'd say the ball is still in your court, and her IM was an overture - she could've ignored you, and didn't. She may have responded to an IM from you to be nice - initiating it is usually something a girl who wants to cool it and avoid you a bit won't do.

Lots of girls don't want to get into real kissing and such on early dates - they want to get to know you a bit first, that's not something to be put off by - she hasn't turned down an invite from you so far, so if you like her and think there's the potential there for something good - don't drop the ball!

You should have kissed her on the cheeks, girls dig that if you kiss them on the cheeks, not on the mouths...so they think you respect them by not kissing on the mouth. womens mouths are very private to them...or personal to them.