Going out with a friend. Does she like me?

Hi,

Over the past few months I've started going out with a friend of mine. We normally go out one to two times per week and we talk on the phone maybe three to four times a week. The more time I spend with her the more I like her, except there is a problem - she has a boyfriend but he is currently living in another country and won't be back for two years.

My question is would a girl go out with you if she did not like you as more than a friend? I know that I should be asking her this question, and I most likely will, but I wanted to see what others thought first.

Thank you.

It's a tough situation. First of all, she's in a commited relationship with somone who isn't really there.

I don't know if she would just break off a commitment just to be with you. It's not really fare to just dump someone just to be with someone else, but it does happen.

Her hanging out with you is perhaps, innocent fun. She just enjoys being friends with you. Believe me, if a girl really likes you a lot, then she would dump her b/f for you. It sounds harsh, but often times, it happens.

Do something like surprise her with something and see her reaction. Do someting that suggests a 'more than just friends' gesture, like take her to a nice restaurant and offer to pay. If she responds in a positive way, chances are, she knows that you like her, and she likes you too.

If she shrugs it off, and starts to act a little distant, then there's your clue. She's not interested.

Good luck with your situation. Just test the waters befoe you jump in! 8)

That is the confusing part - we already have been out to nice restruants/movies/beach/shopping etc. I'm just wondering if she likes me as more than a friend, because we always go out together alone (only been in a group once) and I just think that this type of thing is inconsistent with someone that I would consider to be a normal friend. I guess my question is whether or not girls go out with and spend alot of time with someone who they don't want to be more than friends with.

It's confusing I think.