Can you read an email from my ex and offer input?

Hey guys here is an email that I got from my ex-girlfriend yesterday on my bday. What do you guys make of this? I have also included the last email I have sent her at the bottomof the page. I am just glad that we are slowly beginning to comunicate again. I hope this can at least blossom into a healthy relationship if not more.

Her email to me:

Hey stranger,

I just happened to be thinking about you today when I realized that today is

your birthday! I can't believe it, it seems like just yesterday we were

using fake id's to get into bars, and now you are turning 24. How does it

feel- or can you even take a minute from your busy schedule to celebrate?

Well I hope you will, I know you deserve it.

I'm sorry to hear about your parents, I can't imagine how stressful it all

is for you. If you are at all like you used to be, you are being so strong

for everyone else- just don't forget to take a minute for yourself. How

much help can you be to anyone else if you don't have yourself together?

Funny how I can still lecture you after all this time, but truly I wish you

the best, today and everyday. Happy birthday - and don't forget to smile!

Always,

Lindsy

My email to her:

Dear Lindsy,

Thanks for writing back, I am so glad that you are almost done with school. I am so proud of you, because most people in your situation would have given up already. But you stuck with it, even though it has been a bumpy road from the beginning.

Anyway sorry it has taken me so long to write you back. I have been so

busy! Jon and I started a side business and between my company and the side business I have not had too much time for myself. To tell you the truth, I have been really stressed out from all the family stuff that I have been dealing with.

I never knew that my parents divorce would hit me so hard. My father tries to get down on me a lot, but I do not let him. He thinks that his unhappinesshas something to do with me, but I just do not see it that way. It is really hard to hear your father say certain things to you, when you know they are not true. What is even harder is having to hold your mother while she cries. All of this I do not really understand, but I will tell you one thing, I am so much stronger than I was a year ago.

Anyway I have a bunch of appointments that I have coming to my office

today. But I would love to hear from you again so write me back when you get a chance.

Evan

She did write "

Funny how I can still lecture you after all this time
"

This caught my attention, and made me think...why would she add that, the Key words being (ALL THIS TIME) as if she was implying something, trying to say something, it's called "reading between the lines" and a lot of people don't realize they mean certain things when writing another thing down, and they don't really notice it until they go back over it and they pick up just how it sounds. Well i read the E-mail 2 times, and while reading i also saw the line.

I just happened to be thinking about you today

this also stuck out, and immediately gave me the impression that you 2 were together, until i saw your title of the post "Can you read an email from my ex and offer input"

I read this line, and thought of a pretty sleek way of replying to it. because after all it ends with a Question mark.

can you even take a minute from your busy schedule to celebrate?

Well do i have to say anything here, it sounds like she is asking you to go out, ( hang-out) So the question is Are you Free, I mean it's Your Birthday, oh' by the way happy 24th birthday, 26 more B-days and your at the top of the Hill. but back to the ranch, maybe I'm over analyzing things to much, But if i were you i would take up HER offer, because it does sound like she wants to take you out on your birthday, So go on....get away from work, Enjoy you time with her, and keep me posted..!

It sounds like she could still have feelings for you since she did mention that she wanted to hang out on your b-day, or she probably just see's you as a friend. It's hard to distinguish, but most often, if she wants to hang out with you, then chances are, she still has feelings for you.

Talk to her. I mean call her, and see what happens. I wish you the best of luck!

Nobody can truly know what she is thinking, but it definetly sounds like she is interested in seeing you, maybe just as a friend, maybe more. You won't know until you get a chance to see her. The real question here is, are you ready to see her? If you say "Yes, I'm ready to see her". Make sure you don't go in with any expectations for your future. It may be possible that she does just want to be friends. If you can't go in without expectations, you might get let down. Its really more about what you want and need right now then what she wants.

Just out of curiosity, how long have you two been apart?

Best Wishes,

bdub