guy baby talk question

scared and alone

My boyfriend is always telling me he wants me to get on bc and we should wait to have kids but every now and then and the past few days, he'll start pointing out baby stuff or bringing it up like he saw a baby on tv and i awwed and he asked me if i want one and other things. Why is he doing that ? It's driving me insane because I really want one and he keeps saying he wants to wait.

He may be doing these things because he knows you want to have a kid, and is trying to show interest in your interests. I believe it would only be right to have a child at this point if you both are ready to commit to taking care of another life. I think you should wait it out and maybe try talking to him again about the possibility of kids down the road. If he wants to wait, then really all you can do is wait and try to ignore his comments about babies. Or maybe even try asking him why he keeps mentioning it. Maybe he really does want one but is just afraid, which is the case with many people.

I think it's relevant to the question because I'd advise a 14 year old completely differently than I would a 23 year old. That's all!

I think you're lucky if you're in a relationship and you want the same things at the same times. It does happen, but when it doesn't, you need to decide if the person you're with is worth the wait.

There are too many men in the world that are quick to make the baby but then just as quick to leave. You should be glad yours is honest and open with you, and is a responsible man.

If you want somebody who wants a baby now..then I think you're in the wrong relationship!

Have you told him that? I do see your point. It's not fair and you don't want him to play with your emotions when having a baby is something you're craving so much.

So have you told him how you feel? About him keeping on and bringing it up? If so..what did he say?

It sounds to me like he's scared of becoming a father for the first time. Or possibly scared of the changes that will happen as a result - having to share you with a new addition to the family for example.

I think what he's doing by bringing it up is trying to get himself used to the idea. it will take time. encourage him as best you can but without putting the pressure on. some guys will freak if you casually wonder out loud what your joint baby would look like, others won't but since you've already discussed it, it might be a way to test the water some more.

He's probably keener on the idea than he's prepared to admit even to himself.

Best of luck

Archived