Regardless...

of how much I have figured that she wasn't ready and that she may not have even loved me like she thought she did or worse, like I thought she did.

Regardless of the fact that maybe I am a good man and that I was saved from BIG hurt down the road.

Regardless of my figuring out that it is possible to love her still and to just simply surrender and know that I need to go on with my life...

I still miss her and I think about her often. I miss everything about her.

I still love her so very, very much.

It is a shame that things have to turn out the way they do. I am not a child. I know things happen and people change, but we were SO good and playful together.

Maybe that is what I miss the most. I honestly believed she was my angel...

Sounds like you're having one of those days, too, my friend. For me, it had been a decent week, and then, for no particular reason, today has been rough.

I miss my best friend, so much that there is no hope for me to adequately express it here. I know life goes on, that I will survive and find some measure of happiness in life without her.

But I know how good I had it, and I continue to doubt whether I will ever be able to experience that same level of happiness ever again--either because I do not find another person who "fit" so perfectly, or because I am too hesitant to again open myself up to this kind of pain.

But I know how good I had it, and I continue to doubt whether I will ever be able to experience that same level of happiness ever again--either because I do not find another person who "fit" so perfectly, or because I am too hesitant to again open myself up to this kind of pain.

That scares me, too.

...and that right there...especially the last line...states it all...

That is lovely!

Thank you! Its true too!

I know you guys are having a hard time. I'm right there with ya. But you will love the way you did before one day. You will be able to open yourself up to love too. With enough time I think you'll find that you're able to do both better and more fully than you ever have before!

It's a nice sentiment. I hope to some day be able to come on board with the "'Tis better to have loved and lost..." school of thought. I am not there yet, though.

Dude, I'm with you. I have had significant portions of my life as a single man and significant relationships. I enjoy my single life when I have it, yet always seem to want to find that special girl to share with. Once I find her, it is happy for a while and then I'm heartbroken... once again. I can honestly say that I'm not sure it's better to have loved and lost. The only reason I keep going is because I want to love and not lose -- to find that one special relationship. That being said, I can't picture opening up to someone so soon. It's sad.

I know you guys are having a hard time. I'm right there with ya. But you will love the way you did before one day. You will be able to open yourself up to love too. With enough time I think you'll find that you're able to do both better and more fully than you ever have before!

This is so true. I honestly, very honestly, would NOT trade a minute of what we had, EVEN if I KNEW it would still end like this.

It was wonderful. I cannot wait to do it again....but let me get over her first...today is her birthday, so it is just making it a little tougher...

Thanks.

Archived