How old is too old for dating??? (age difference)

I am a woman in my earlier thirties and I have always had a hard time finding men to date. Men are just not attracted to me in one way or another. Recently, I met a man during the summer at the Ren Fair. I worked as a performer at a local Ren Fair for the summer. I had talked to this guy a lot at the fair but didnt think anything of it. After the fair ended, he invited me to a few events associated with Ren Fair stuff. I accompanied him to a few of the events and eventually figured out that he is attracted to me. We email each other regularly and have gone out on two "dates". I can tell he is really into me. Me, on the other hand, I like hanging out with him because I am lonely and depressed a lot of times. I am not sure how I feel towards him. There is two problems about him: 1) he is about 55 years old; 2) he weighs around 300 lbs. He was married for many years but his wife died about three years ago. He is lonely and spends a lot of time at home, like a hermit. He does not have a stable job, being laid off from his factory job about 3 years ago. He says that meeting me has been a great thing since I have gotten him out of the house and doing things. He is a really sweet guy, nice, funny, and easygoing. I like him a lot but is the age difference a bit drastic. He just recently took me to an event that his Faire friends were at, and next weekend, we are going to another event that his Faire friends will be. I dont know how people will perceive it if they think we are dating. I dont know if I am doing the right thing or not. Please advise

Just talk to him, tell him you enjoy his company, but you're not looking to get into a "relationship" with him, just someone to have fun doing things with, some new people to meet etc. Chances are if his wife died and he's just getting out himself, he's looking for something similar, or at least will be more than willing to accept it. As long as you're upfront about it, there's no harm in going places with him as a friend/companion and you're not leading him on.

My, my, you're in your early 30s and you're asking other people if it's okay to spend time with a man that's fun, when you're lonely and seem to like him? If people don't like it, you can tell them to go to $#&%. Sounds like you two are good for each other, and as for romance, well it either happens or it doesn't. Depends on how you two feel. I would definitely recommend that you "date" him.