Endless,eternal waiting

yeawutever

More than a year ago when I first came to this site, before falling in love I would laugh at this so called non-sense now I dunno. I once read a song (based on a true story) in which a girl´s b/f leaves on a ship and he promises that he will return. Sadly he never returns while the woman stays on that dock still waiting for him, she ages and yet she still waits endless (none of the ships bring back her love).

Just wondering if any of you believe in waiting till the end. I guess that must be true love. If it's true then I guess if you really in love and there's a strong bound then you'll always wait for them.

I was wonder the same thing. I want to wait for him but without him knowing that I'm still waitting. I hope one day he can fix his issue and my phone will ring on the other side. Since now I can't see myself dating anyone because he still in my heart. Maybe people call it stupid and waste the time.

It sounds very sweet and romantic but I prefer to see how strong the bond is by actions while we're together not promises like "I would wait until the end" - that would feel abstract as opposed to "I will help you move to your new apartment in the freezing cold in three weeks" - that's far stronger evidence of love than the hypothetical "if you left I would wait for you until the end."

Often people wait not because of the strength of the bond but because it is easier to pine over someone than move on with your life - far easier to be in love with someone who is not there than someone you deal with day to day.

Just wondering if any of you believe in waiting till the end. I guess that must be true love.

I guess it could also be blind stupidity. There is a book called French Lieutenant's Woman. It is a good book and provides another angle on waiting. Try reading that and see what you think.

Archived