Need help with a girl!

toppers77

Hi, I'm 17 years old. Last year a new girl came to my school about half way through the year. I started talking to her and became friends with her, it took until she got a boyfriend for me to figure out that i liked her. Well, at the end of the school year I gave her my phone number and told her to keep in touch. Well, when the new school year came around a few months ago, i saw her and started talking to her again and found out that she had another boyfriend, but she wanted to break up with him. I figured that was my chance to move in. Later that day, i was telling one of my "supposed" friends (his name is Jason) about how i liked her and wanted to ask her out, and he said that since he had a class later with her that he would put in a good word for me, so i said ok. Well, after school that day i was hanging out with some friends in the parking lot and one of them tells me that jason had asked the girl out instead of putting in a good word for me. Needless to say, me and jason arent on speaking terms right now. Since then, the girl found out what jason did (but she's still dating him), and has been calling me and i can tell that she likes me. Which brings me to why im here for advice. I need to know how to handle this, and how can i get this girl away from jason? Any help would be appreciated

Okay, first of all, I don't like the idea of a girl coming in between two friends. That says alot about a girl. If she really liked you, I think it would be up to her to break up with the guy, and not up to you to split them up. If this girl has a boyfriend, and she's hitting on you at the same time, then maybe she's not even worth your time, because to me it sounds like she's just playing around with the both of you. so just take that into consideration.

-crazy8

Hi Toppers. Yeah, I kinda agree with Crazy8. Doesn't seem like it's your job to "rescue" her. She strikes me as a serial dater anyway -- she hasn't stuck with any guy too long.

But, if you really like her, and it sounds like you do, you can let her know you only date girls who are *available.* Why? For starters, if you guys do hook up, do you want some guy homing in on her? That's just rude.

And, she needs to know you respect her choices, even if you don't agree with them. She *did* choose to go out with Jason (the scum). Respect gets a relationship going on the right foot. Disrespect from the start dooms it. And do you really want to go out with someone who is too helpless to get out of a relationship? Let her do her part. She's broken up with guys before, so she can break up with Jason too.

OK. I've probably said more than I should. Good luck with it.