Advice for a friend...(and me)

My friend has been asking asking me for advice. He and this co-worker of his had been going out, and he told me that the closest thing that he said, to "I love you" is take care and I miss you, to her. Anyways, he also told me that whenever the two of them are alone at work, he can't seem to find any interesting thing to say, so he ends up not talking at all.

I told him that I also have the same problem as him, The only difference is that I am not going out with someone yet, but I'm also having a hard time finding things to say to my (women)co-workers so I end up and come accross as shy and quiet. I am not really shy and quiet, I just don't have the confidence to talk and I'm afraid to come accross as uninteresting.

well the thing that is making you guys so dead for conversation is cos you guys need to relax. dont try to hard..

talk about he weather, pretend you had somthing to eat and its made your tummy upset, get som symphy of her, alk about a film you have seen, or about someone you know, tell a joke. or ask her a question and leave it up to her to carry on the conversation.

rule #1. never cop out

there's always something interesting to talk about. the reason nothing is interesting, is because you don't make the effort to find out what is interesting.

can you see the logic here? if you don't make the effort, and you want a girl to mysteriously fall in love with you, provide subject matters of interest, and jump into your bed, it's pretty delusional.

start conversing. start from something general, and then work down to specifics. how does that happen? as you talk, you listen real carefully, processing her words like mad while maintaining this cool composure (don't sweat it) and friendly face. ask open ended questions instead of yes and no. make sure you contribute to the subject matter (when it's still general, you should have some input). as you talk, zero in on the things that both you and she is interested in. sometimes you get it wrong, so you take a step back and move to another topic. learn, remember, move on. before long, you will have more topics to discuss than you have break time. resume conversation at dinner in a nice cozy restaurant with excellent food.

you'll be amazed to have such incredible conversational skills you never had before. thank me.