My Ex boyfriend said hes not over his ex so we broke up, what should I do ?

Hi Everyone - I was in a relationship with a guy for a month he had been chasing me for 4 months but i wasnt sure as didnt think a guy could like me that much....!! We started seeing each other and would make sure to meet me 2 or 3 times a week and was really nice to me but he finished with me recently and said he was not ready for anything serious at the moment and said he really enjoyed our time together and wishes that he was over his ex..and he said if it was a few months down the line it could have been different that it was bad timing, that he would love to be over his ex..

She called it off with him about 8 months ago as there was family death and she couldnt cope with having a boyfriend after that. I realised after he said this that i really liked him and that i have never meet anyone like him even after a month as we got to know each other very well and got close. I said i would see him around and he said of course we will meet out, and he might even buy me a drink. I would like your advice on what to do and what he is feeling?

I would give him the space he needs. Play it cool and get on with your own life without the thought that he may come back. If you allow him to heal and get over the loss of his ex when his head clears you maybe the first thought that pops up in his head.

I would not make any arrangements to meet or call but always return a gesture made by him (unless you have other plans of course). Best thing to give people is space when they need it.

From my experience of my ex boyfriend - after our breakup he immediately sought another girl - (8 months later he came crawling back to me - and told me that he never felt the same with her as he did with me - but he enjoyed her company a lot as she was really nice, and he also said he told her he can't be serious with her so soon, but eventually did over time - (but of course this is what he told me, so might not be absolute truth)). He also told me that he used her as a rebound, and that she didn't mean anything to him. He dropped her the moment he felt regret and knew that I was ready to go back to him. So unless you're ready to face this kind of * * * * and would like to risk it all, I would suggest you tread very carefully upon these very very shaky grounds.

Well it seems he feels he went into a new relationship abit to quickly and its good of him to tell you that he needs his space because if he didnt this could of eaten him up and could of affected your relationship in a bad way. So do give him his space until he feels ready to move on.

I would like to say thanks for your advice.

Why i liked him so much was because he would organise a date and then when he went home he would text saying how he was looking forward to the next nite that we would meet, he would say how he loved kissing and hugging me and loved us being together and said he wanted to get to know me better so he took me out for dinner and talked for ages.

I think his ex found out about me i know he is not back with her, but i hope in time he will sort out his head and come back as he said to me that he wasnt a bad person and i know that. He is just a great guy and they are hard to find and i miss him which never happens me after a month..... Could it happen that he could release what i meant to him and feel the same as me..??

i am goign through the very same situation as yours now. My ex told me he's still hung over his ex and that he was sorry for hurting me. I havelet him go. Cause I realised the problem is NOT WITH ME. But with HIM. He has issues that he needs to mend. I cannot force myself on him. I wished him luck in his life and have started total NC.

• 1 month later...

Above is my story- since then i meet my ex-boyfriend out in a nite club, he saw me and came flying over to me and hugged me and we ended up kissing which i was shocked about as i didnt think he would go there espesically since he said before that he was not over his ex-girlfriend. He asked me if i wanted to leave the nite club so we did and we went back to my place.

He told me that he didnt get back with his ex that he hadnt seen her since they broke up that she ignored him after it finished he said he didnt lie to me. He said i looked very well and that he missed me and that we "got on like a house on fire" he stayed the nite and i dropped him to his friends house next morning and he gave me a kiss and said he would text me. I text him but the text didnt get to him until late as i got a report to say it was delivered. He told me earlier that nite that his battery wasnt working right and he was going to a match that day so probably the charge was gone. But he hasnt text me only for my texts which he replied back to.

I think he is scared of getting hurt again i know he likes me i dont know if i should text him and ask what is happing between us? Please help

Archived