Asking out a girl from class ?, advice.

matius

I have a connection with this girl in class. If I'm not reading things incorrectly, I think there's a pretty good shot she'd want to hang out.

But with the final class approaching, I don't want to ask prior to the exam. You know if I were reading things the wrong way it opens up the door to a bowl full of strangeness right before the test... that wouldn't be cool to either really.

She did give me her contact for another school-related thing but I wouldn't use that unless it was given on the grounds she knew what I was calling about.

Just thought I'd throw it out there to think on it for a few days before doing what I do

Elliott,

your post sound so cute. don't get me wrong i am taking you so seriously but i am just reminded of the good times when i liked boys in class and vice versa. well i think you should wait after the test to ask her. she probably has a lot on her plate with finals and you don't want get in the way of her studies. what i think would be a good idea is ask her on a study date before actually asking her on a real date. that way you have some alone time to spend with her concentrate on studying but it's also a total plus to spend time with the girl.

then after the study date goes well and the test is over. i think you should have no problem trying to ask her out.

I think you could ask her out before the exam (study break...?) to grab a cup of joe. Or, you could ask her after the test is over to celebrate the end of finals. If she says "no" either before or after the exam, it won't matter because the class is concluding. If she says yes, which is probable, then you're good to go : )

Well, I know that right before my finals, everything is put on hold. Even if I really, really liked a girl and she came up and asked me out right before one of my math or physics finals, I'd probably have to decline. However, I doubt that would really distract me.

And likewise, if she isn't into you, it probably wouldn't distract her, even though it may distract you. But, if she is interested, it could be both good and bad for both of you. And honestly, killing each other's grade at the beginning of a relationship isn't a very cool thing to do.

It's a predicament. I've found myself often enough in your shoes, generally losing touch after the class ends. If you really want to be sure your intentions are known, asking before the final is the surest thing, even though it might influence her decision (i.e., she might say no if she's really busy).

I would either:

(1) Ask her if you can call her sometime after the final. Albeit maybe a little distracting, I don't think this is intrusive. If she gets all distracted obsessing over you, that's her problem, not yours. Then, the door is open to call her later on.

(2) Call her up after the final and ask how she did in the class. I mean, don't pry her grade out of her, but just be friendly and chat. I do that with many of my classmates, guys and girls alike. Then, once you get to talking a little, ask her out.

Also, some of my friends have had "get-togethers" after a final where a bunch of us show up and have a barbeque or go bowling or something typically the day after. You could try coordinating one of those, and of course be sure to invite her. Then, see how things go, in this new context. Of course, be prepared that she may decline.

Typically, if you have some friends in the class, have them commit to several possible dates, like Friday and Saturday. That way, when you ask her, you can ask, "Hey, a bunch of us from class are getting together for a barbeque the weekend after the final. Which works better for you, Friday or Saturday?" This moreover isn't a flat-out "Would you like to come?" and likewise doesn't give her an easy way out. Of course, she can still decline, but try phrasing questions like this with some of your friends, and you'll see it's harder to say no.

Good luck!

Archived