swollen face!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mom had something similar not too long ago- and it was a blocked parotid gland (those are your salivary glands).

Hers was painless and no itchy either but her face just blew up and it was so bizaare.

Perhaps she could suggest this possibility to her MD?

If it's still like that she should definitely go back or for a second opinion.

The remedy for my mom was drinking a TON of water, and eating/drinking sour or tart things that increase saliva, such as lemon juice, hard candy that was sour or lemon, lemonade, etc.

My mom gets something similar every so often due to an allergic reaction. They were never able to figure out what, exactly, was triggering it...best guess was something outdoors -- like a specific plant pollen or something like that.

She takes allergy meds when it happens and that helps.

My mom gets something similar every so often due to an allergic reaction. They were never able to figure out what, exactly, was triggering it...best guess was something outdoors -- like a specific plant pollen or something like that.

She takes allergy meds when it happens and that helps.

^Ditto.. I have the same problem and it's caused by allergies, maybe she should go in and get a second opinion and suggest allergies and try some allergy meds to see if that helps any.

but don't allergies itch?

Not always.

I inheirited my mother's tendency toward allergies. One time, when I was lax about taking my meds, one of my ears started feeling like it had water in it.

Went to the doc who sent me to an Ear, Nose & Throat doc who took one look and said my eustachian (sp?) tube in my ear had swollen up because of allergies. One side, no itching, no idea what caused it. He put me on corticosteroids (prednisone) for a week and gave me a lecture about keeping up with my allergy meds. It cleared up and hasn't been a problem since.

Archived