we're in the middle of a break for space......

so my girlfriend left for school in VT in augst saying how this long-distance thing can work and this and that....after about a week she started having some confusion over alot cuz the transition's been tough for her.......she wanted space and at first i didnt understand so we've been going back anf forth from getting along to fighting to getting along again......so now the space is for real...no e-mails, no talking......no nothing.....for the next 3 weeks we're not being in contact......and i'm going to see her in 2 weeks when i go to Vt to tour my new culinary school.......she really has nothing to do with why i wanna go to school in VT, but things aren't exactly peachy.....i'm so scared and nervous to see her......i'm not sure what she's gonna say.......we had previsouly made a deal that whatever happens happens and it doesn't affect our feelings for eachother......she just told me about her chillin with some kid before we stopped talking, where the kid wanted to hook up with her and she turned him away cuz physicallity has been something she's been disgusted with...as have i....but unfortunately i was hanging out with a friend and she kissed me.....i actually threw up on her pants cuz it made me so sick......i told my girlfriend this after she told me about her situation......so this is why this break is killing me.......anyone have any advice for me?

Just feel lucky. The same thing happened to me, but my girl decided to do as much to hurt me as quickly as possible. The problem being that even now she did that I'm still feeling the same things you are. You would think it would make it easer to let go, but for some reason it didn't. All I can say is to keep you chin up and be glad that she didn't take this opportunity to crush you. It's not fun to lose someone that you care about, but you can't hold on if there trying to get away.

well....she told me that she wasn't too happy about finding out about what had happened.......but she apologized for being rude over the phone and that she feels this break is good and taht she really wants me to come up and visit and that we'll talk about everything at that time....it seems positive but i guess i'm just paranoid....i love her to death and i know she loves me with the same passion....i guess just being away has made her feel like she needed to start completely over...but i wanna reassure her that what we have is still strong and can work...especially with me going to be in that area in december.....but not like it was here......just a greater relationship where we'll both have time to ourselves and eachother...i'm hoping this idea will fly well in her head