getting back into the scene...

heynowwww

so I recently am out of a 2 yr relationship and saw a girl I knew from hs at the bar the other night. We flirted and I got her number. I was thinking about calling her today but if she does not answer should I leave a message or call again later. Any tips on landing a date. She already said she would go on a date with me, the only problem is I am not sure if she was drunk or not haha. Any advice would be great as I am pretty rusty at this point. thanks.

Hey heynowwww-

Well, the problem here is not with this woman, it may be with you. How recently are you removed from this 2 year relationship and what were the circumstances of that separation? Do you think, in your heart, that you are ready to date again, even casually? How are you doing with the grieving process from your break up?

The situation with this new girl seem as good as they can get and I'm pretty sure you guys could get together for a date. I'm just concerned with your emotional stature at this point, if it would be a good idea to date right now. What do you think?

hey friscodj,

well I should not say me and the ex recently separated. we have been apart for about 6 months now. we just went back and forth hooking up and things like that. she has had a bf for most of that time and this site had finally helped me realize what a mistake i was making keeping in contact with her. I stopped all contact with her and decided to move on. I still think about her but she cheated on me and I realize she is not anybody I would want to be with. I feel as tho I am ready to go out and date casually w/ no expectations. I am just so rusty at this point, I am nervous to call this girl.

I say go for it buddy.

I mean, she already said she would go out with you. Why would she not go out with you? Do you have any concrete sign that says she wouldn't? You have a concrete sign that she will, but none that she won't.

Given this situation, you can say pretty much anything (within reason) and she'll be thrilled you're showing interest in her. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine.

Why not leave her a message with something light and friendly such as:

"Hi, X, it's Y, it was great to see you last night. I was hoping you might like to get together for coffee/dinner/whatever next week. Give me a call and let me know, my number's ######."

Then wait and see if she responds.

Yes, I'd give her a few days. If she does not return your call, you can try again and leave one more friendly message. If she does not return your call after that- I would let it go.

But no need to go there just yet- let's see if she calls first!

i know right i should relax and let things happen naturally hahaha. thanks again for the advice.

Yeah, don't focus and consume yourself with this situation. You've done your part, it's out of your hands now. Worrying isn't going to change the outcome.

Plus, this is just one thing, one part of your life and come or go, your life will be just fine. Carry on with your life like nothing happened and if she calls, it will be a pleasant surprise. If not, her loss...

And this tells me your flirting skills led to getting her number which led to this situation. These skills will lead you to others. You'll be fine, don't worry about that.

Hey Frisco,

thanks again for the spot on advice, I was just laughing about myself for getting so worked up about the situation. I havent even had a date with the girl yet and I am already thinking too much haha. If she does not call oh well, she is missing out. Have a good night.

Hey Frisco,

thanks again for the spot on advice, I was just laughing about myself for getting so worked up about the situation. I havent even had a date with the girl yet and I am already thinking too much haha. If she does not call oh well, she is missing out. Have a good night.

Good on you buddy, you're going to be fine either way. image removed

Archived