Ohhhhhhhh whatever

Without knowing more about the situation I can't really go into detail. But based on what you said, I would go NC to give this whole thing a chance to cool down. Maybe from there you could open the channels of communication again.

1.) How long were you guys together?

2.) Who broke up with who?

3.) Were infidelities involved?

4.) Any children between the both of you?

5.) Any assets like home or business together?

6.) What were the reasons for the breakup?

I have never understood the "lets stay friends" concept. How can anyone that has suffered an agonizing breakup at the hands of their mate, expect to to want to stay friends? What is the purpose?

I'm sorry you are going through this. Take some time for you and don't be tempted to give into the whole "friends" thing, that is just a way to stay close to her and if she broke up with you then obviously that isn't what she really wanted. Are you ok?

Without knowing more about the situation I can't really go into detail. But based on what you said, I would go NC to give this whole thing a chance to cool down. Maybe from there you could open the channels of communication again.

1.) How long were you guys together?

2.) Who broke up with who? -- She broke up with him, I believe

3.) Were infidelities involved?

4.) Any children between the both of you?

5.) Any assets like home or business together?

6.) What were the reasons for the breakup?

Futhermore, I would like to add that I'm sorry to hear this CO. We're all here for ya man. I think you should go NC as well. I know that you're all too familiar with this...so try your best and hang in there. Keep your chin up! Don't let her see you suffer.

The whole lets be friends thing just doesnt work for me. Maybe someday when all the dust has settled and there are no emotions involved but I really see no point in being friends with an ex until you are 100% healed and by that point you probably wont want to anyways.

Tell her you are not ready to be friends and maybe one day you will be.

We broke up, she wants to stay friends. But I am Jack's seething pit of hurt and despair. What to do?

if you are Jack's seething pit of hurt and despair then for right now you cant be friends.

friends don't feel hurt and despair from eachother like that...and until that pain is gone then if you try to enter into a friendship with her then it will just be a house of cards.

and if that house of cards falls then you will simply be back being jacks seething pit....or even worse if she starts dating someone else durring this "friendship" then it could change you into Jack's vengeful fist of envy and pain....which is bad

I don't see the point in "friends" fresh after the breakup either. I used to be friends with an ex of mine after the dust had settled...yes...but not anymore. Her husband is a controlling jerk. So that's why she and I don't speak anymore.

Thanks everybody. NC is the way to go with this situation.

She did break up with me but last night as I was doing "forensics" on the relationship while downing tequila with a friend I realized that I had been disinterested in this relationship for a while anyways.

I guess is was inevitable

but it still hurts.

Thanks everybody. NC is the way to go with this situation.

She did break up with me but last night as I was doing "forensics" on the relationship while downing tequila with a friend I realized that I had been disinterested in this relationship for a while anyways.

I guess is was inevitable

but it still hurts.

Stick with the NC. Be strong. Come here to vent. In a few weeks life will be looking bright once again and before you know it, you will jump back into the dating pool.

This morning I boxed up all the picture and love letters etc as a healing process. I'm throwing them out, just burying them in the back of the closet. (didn't re-read them)

I also deleted her from my facebook friend thing. I didn't want to see her change her relationship status but also I didn't want to fall into the trap of keeping cyber tabs on her and wondering (and agonizing) over her other facebook friends (ie: who's that guy, is she getting involved with him) and yada yada.

This morning I boxed up all the picture and love letters etc as a healing process. I'm throwing them out, just burying them in the back of the closet. (didn't re-read them)

I also deleted her from my facebook friend thing. I didn't want to see her change her relationship status but also I didn't want to fall into the trap of keeping cyber tabs on her and wondering (and agonizing) over her other facebook friends (ie: who's that guy, is she getting involved with him) and yada yada.

Well, you're certainly taking the appropriate steps to assured healing. Good luck and take care. we're all here for you.

Archived