An update on my story....This is getting ridiculous...Opinions?

tray25

First off, I want to say thank you to everyone with kind words out there. You guys have made it so much easier. Here are the events that took place at 2:00 in the morning early Monday....

I am drunk, celebrating my bday. I am trying to fall asleep cause I have to wake up early. I get a private call. Don't answer. I get a private call three or four more times. I am curious. I answer. Its ex' best friend. Trying to mess with me. She is drunk. She has always been nice to me. Never rude or has ever humiliated me. I talk for 30 minutes (first 15 minutes no idea who it is). In this drunken conversation she makes me crack up a few times. The girl is hilarious and much more sane and nice than my ex ever was. She then tells me weird stories. Stories that include how my ex got beat up by her man that she replaced me with. She said he cried and begged her and was making fun of him. I don't know if she was telling the truth. Cause she was laughing the whole time. I didn't want to inquire much and said "well if that's true I hope she press charges and I'm sure we can work something out to beat his ass" (jokingly). Then she tells me weird stories of how she gained 20 pounds. I was indifferent and said tell her congratulations on her new boyfriend, sounds like a great guy. I could hear my ex breathing next to her. She never picked up the phone. It was very weird. So I said listen, I got to go to bed I'm glad we did this (jokingly) and that I would see her out sometime (flirting with her friend). So at five in the morning I get a text from an unknown number saying "Hey, happy b-day". I texted who ever this was today saying "I don't know who this is but someone sent me a text from this number. Who is this?". No reply. I was curious, I checked myspace, she deleted her whole profile. He changed his status to single, something must have gone down. She even changed her phone number I found out. What the hell was this about? Why are they drunk calling me? Very immature.

Drunken-ness is not something that should even tried to be understood. People lose their inhibitions and do silly, immature (and sometimes down-right dumb) things because they have "liquid courage."

Don't spend to much energy on trying to figure this one out. If she did actually break up with whoever she was dating, she was probably trying to get you to say how much you missed her or something because she needed a self esteem boost.

But I agree with NYAmicas- great job with handling the situation! Keep on being strong!!

Archived