Does she want to get back together?

My friends and I were suppose to hang out on Friday. Again, My ex and I have mutual friends. When I go to meet them, guess who I see. My Ex. One of my friends that are very close to her planned to have this. I was mature about everything and didn't blow anything out of proportion. Anyways, I left early at the lounge cause seeing her knowing that she is not with me, hurt me. I got a bit too drunk and passed out at my friends house. My ex texted me a hour after we left and said, " i hope you didn't drive home, if you did drive safely." Obviously, I didnt respond, cause i was passed out. She called me 2 hrs later and I didnt answer, she texted me. Said, "Sorry i just wanted to talk to you for a min. and said wanted to know if i got home safely." I was awake and was few min. away from her house. she kinda of invited me to talk to her. So i go over, and she said she missed me. Now, mind you. she didnt want me to contact her or she wanted to contact me. She said, " her pride got in the way and thats why she didn't contact me." At this moment, she is thinking of getting back together with me. But her parents dont want me to be with her. I said,"its what you want not your parents, your the only one that can control your life." I ended the conversation with," I dont want to be friends with you, i just want the relationship." Any suggestions?

right so did she exactly say she wants to get back together? as you said she was thinking it. Sorry not familiar with your story hence the questions!! LOL.

If she did say so then maybe you both need to catch up for a proper chat and lay your cards on the table. Let her take the lead on it though.

Yeah let us know more about the situation - I think you laid your cards on the table - is she aware of the fact that you know that both your prides can get in the way of communicating honestly woth each other?

Also - do you think you've changed or do you think her parent's didn't have any reason to dislike you?

Well, she thinks when i talk to her at times is not genuine and that I can be very manipulative when i talk. I have been talking like the way i have since i was born. I mean, people from middle school to college, says that i didnt change. For example, when she mentioned a subject and knows that I dont like to talk about it. I wish not to discuss this with you cause it is going to escalade to something else. End of discussion. she went on a uproar, saying that i was manipulative or conascending. Her parents loved me when they saw me, i guess they didnt like me after the break up.

This is what I wrote from the prev. post last week:

Hello,

Thanks for stopping by. My gf broke up with me Thursday Morning. Of course, Im upset. Not looking for any sympathy. I have not eaten since 3 days cause I do not feel hungry at all. She said if i cared I would not contact her or she would contact me.

Your prob. wondering what happened. Well, we have been having arguments or fights about petty little things. Example, She mentioned about a girl that we both dislike. I said, I do not want to talk about or something will escalade. End of discussion. She totally freaked out on me, saying how dare you say end of discussion that is so manipulative. No one dares to say that to me. Im like, what is wrong with her.

I mean, I think we can work things out better but she doesnt wish to talk to me. Which I am very hurt about. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Why are you annoyed? Because you want her to keep contacting you?

It doesn't sound very fair of you to put an end to discussions - maybe you should figure out why certain topics would escalate, and think about your own conflict resolution skills. To simply end discussions because you don't want to talk about them is something I know I would find very annoying.

If you want to work things out better, you'd be wise to find ways of communicating without shutting her down.

I understand and will take your suggestions.

Well, she wanted to see me last night and said that she missed me very much. The only thing that is stopping her is that she says she needs to like me and for her parents to like me again. I have a good sense that she still likes me, cause she was asking for kisses and hugs yesterday. I mentioned that Im willing to make sacrifices to make the relationship work. I really hope things will work out.

Archived