Approaching in random areas

Edak

So. I want to admit that I am not a ladies man, nor will I ever be. But I'm curious as to situations like this.. (BTW: I'm 18 and just on my own now for a few months)

My aunt was planning on being in my area so we went to lunch with her family (aunt by marriage) and our watriess was really cute (she seemed around my age), and as odd as it may seem, had a really neat way of...talking I guess.. Just seemed really intelligent and kind. I caught her looking in my direction two or three times, but regardless of whatever "magic" I thought might had been happening; Should I have given her my number some how? My first plan was to write it on a piece of paper and leave it near my plate. But they had bus-boys and I didn't want to rely on them handing it over. Also I don't think I'd dare to hand it straight to her and be like "Hey call me sometime". I mentioned to my aunt I thought she was cute and, of course, she teased a bit. But said what I was thinking "You should give her your number." Woulda been really weird if she already had a boyfriend or whatever.

Maybe just some advice on meeting girls in general life would be good. I'm ok with socializing events. But in everday life from time to time I see someone I'd like to get to know. New town by the way so I don't know a lot of people. Just a few from some parties.

read a book called "the game" most of it is BS but it might give you some tips and it has its funny moments

from my experience you just have to go and talk to people without fear of being rejected. if you a lighthearted, even if they turn you down you can both still have a laugh about it and it does not matter. the more you do this the better you will get at it. in the simplest case you could have just gone up to this girl and said "hey, how's it going? i think you seem really i nice and maybe we can hook up sometime?..." that would at least give you some chance of getting her number... obviously the more witty/funny you can be the better but that takes practice.

Waitresses make their living off tips.

Had she been any other profession (Other than maybe a barber or stripper) I'd say yeah, slip her your number.

In this case, I'd say go back to the restraunt, talk to her again, see if she remembers you... tell her youre new to town and would like to see her outside of work sometime.

She might tell you she has a boyfriend. If she does - big deal, theres plenty of other women out there. If she doesnt - and she actually does like you and wants to see you again, then you hit the jackpot.

Go for it and dont be afraid. They can smell fear!!!

Waitresses make their living off tips.

Had she been any other profession (Other than maybe a barber or stripper) I'd say yeah, slip her your number.

In this case, I'd say go back to the restraunt, talk to her again, see if she remembers you... tell her youre new to town and would like to see her outside of work sometime.

She might tell you she has a boyfriend. If she does - big deal, theres plenty of other women out there. If she doesnt - and she actually does like you and wants to see you again, then you hit the jackpot.

Go for it and dont be afraid. They can smell fear!!!

i totally agree with this. eye contact in a job like that is mandatory. or you won't make any money and get complaints. it's part of taking an order. in a service industry type job, if someone doesn't use eye contact, it just feels weird. it's not good business.

but i think if you think you had something, go back in on a whim and ask her out sometime for some coffee or on her break. just like in office space. trust me, stuff like that works. if she doesn't find you interesting enough, oh well. you tried. but at least you know now, which is better than not knowing.

The book sounds interesting, I think I'll give it a try. Yes I am a little afraid of getting turned down but who isn't? Why I asked is because I didn't want it to be weird. Since she is working and I am in the resturant as a consumer.

"They can smell fear!!!" Haha! Gee.. just one more thing to make them even scarier ;-) But to both the last posts, I wasn't suggesting any sort of bond was happening. She just seemed to be acting the way I would have had we been in opposite roles and I found her attractive. But again, I wasn't using it to base anything off of, I just wanted to know since I found her attractive, would it be ok to give her my number and how so?

But thanks for the advice from everyone! It's helped and I'll try some of it. (they have really awesome raspberry-lemonades that are pretty cheap, I could always go in for one of those )

Archived