Tournament - in memory of loved ones lost

I could not help but post and share this idea with you all.. for those that have lost a loved one...

A colleage at works, Mom, passed away about 15 yrs ago but each year on her Mom's birthday all the family, her mom's brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts all get together and play a golf tournament.

Each year the tournament is played and the winner gets to keep the trophy with their names/year added to the plaque. They get to keep the trophy until the following year's birthday comes around...

Afterwards, the whole family and guests get together, eat, tell storres and watch movies......They make it a weekend getaway.....

I thought this was a great way to remember a loved ones, have reunions, especially on their birthday.... Holidays/birthdays can be so hard to cope with after a loved one passes. We dread the day that approaches and wonder how we will cope..

I guess you could adapt it to your loved ones favorite sport/activity...!

This is a good idea, and it does not need to be golf.

I won't give out his name, but a poster on the forum plays in a yearly wiffleball tournament that is for a benefit named in honor of one of his deceased friends. Now, I never thought of a wiffleball tournament before eharing about this, but it seems to be fun and to work.

We are having a memorial party or my wife this month. Family and friends who were close to her. It may turn out to be an annual thing. Out of state-ers are even coming. We'll roast a few turkeys, games for the kids, music, and a nice fire afterwards. She'd like that, we talked about this sort of thing years on, as in "what if?" Bring out the happy, pass on the sad. Still, keeping my xanax in my pocket!!LOL

Archived