Remedies to feeling drained and depressed

Does anyone have any?

Here are mine:

reading Friendship with God by Neale Donald Walsh

doing pilates or yoga- some exercise that gives you a chance to reconnect with yourself

taking a walk

write a note to a friend or someone close or even to yourself about how you're doing

So we all agree (so far) exercise helps a lot?

I exercised yesterday and felt slightly cleansed, but lately, I've been feeling that I'd be more cleansed if I ate more fruits and vegetables and take up certain aspects of a vegetarian lifestyle. It's really healthy and fulfilling. Also, if my house was less cluttered, I could be more focused. And if the TV became long gone.

Also, not just a walk makes me feel good. A walk around nature, where you can notice the trees side by side and birds and other things, and sunlight. You really can find harmony from that. I'm lucky my neighborhood still has trees.

Perhaps a last thing would be getting lost in a new hobby, and most of all, finishing it. See a project through to its end. Or maybe simply a goal that you set.

Or just a change of surroudings and atmosphere in general can be helpful. As I was moping at home, I stayed depressed, but when I came to the public library-noticed people around me and brighter lighting, I felt a little more like myself and realized I just needed to get out. It happens.

I like a long walk or flying kites by the bay with my friends.

Sometimes I peoplewatch at a cafe.

I would love to fly a kite and peoplewatch. A person who does that would seem to me someone who isn't afraid to relax and isn't self conscious of other people. I guess it would also help being surrounded by friends. I would like to find something comforting like that.

Archived