psycho ex-girlfriend to who my husband has a child with

my husband of only 9 months has a 2 1/2 year old son with a psycho woman. She will not leave us alone. She lies, and is manipulative. She uses the child as a pawn. She harasses my husband at work, me at home, our parents, our siblings. We have called the police on her on many occasions. I dont know what i can do or what to say. My husband wont take legal action for whateverreason. please help me! I am at my wits end end!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I totally understand your situation. My boyfriend of 1.5 years has a crazy ex-girlfriend and they have a 5 year old daughter. I don't know how long you guys dated before you got married, but eventually your husband may get fed up with the ex. My boyfriend and I tried to avoid legal action even after she assaulted me. We thought she cooled down, then I got a certified letter in the mail with a temporary restraining order where she had claimed I had harassed and assaulted her! TOTALLY UNTRUE! I have been to court several times, she has keyed my car, she was unable to get a permanent restraining order b/c the judge saw straight threw her (especially after I provided letters the ex sent to my boyfriend giving them a deadlineto "rekindle their love" and reasons why he should be with her. She looked like a fool!!!! Still it has only helped a little. She is now dragging my boyfriend to court trying to deny him overnight visitation (he and I do not live together), that his mom not be allowed to pick up the child for visitation (the ex is mad b/c me and my boyfriend's mom have a close relationship and my boyfriend's mom DID NOT ENCOURAGE HIM TO MARRY THE EX). She's a hostile one. FINALLY, SOME RELIEF...three days ago, my boyfriend got a lawyer. That has helped me to cope with the situation much better. I know he loves me, but he really wants the crap to quit b/c we have been dealing with it ever since we started dating. This girl has come to his apartment with a .357 magnum threatening to commit suicide, punched her hand through his mom's window when he refused to open the door, attacked me, said awful things to the child about me and him, the list goes on! MY ADVICE TO YOU...DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT! ALSO KILL HER BUTT WITH KINDNESS!DON'T DO STUPID THINGS TO RETALIATE. LET YOUR HUSBAND HANDLE HER, BUT BE IN HIS EAR THE ENTIRE TIME. SHE MIGHT NUT UP ONE DAY, SO BE CAREFUL. Yvonne(that's my boyfriend's ex's name) has convinced herself that I'm the reason why he isn't with her. NOT TRUE, they broke up long before he and I got together. YOUR HUSBAND'S EX PROBABLY WONDERS WHAT YOU HAVE THAT SHE DIDN'T HAVE. JEALOUSY IS A BITCH.

I had to really get on my boyfriend about handling the situation, he can be a softy. And there is no telling how this may pan out. He goes to court AGAIN on Apr 3, but I guarantee you, the fact that he has a lawyer(we are not rich) has really shown me that he is serious about getting the situation under control. And believe me, since you are married to him, you have more say than I do(just the girlfriend) in court. But SET HER STRAIGHT (file police report/complaint, ask for a temporary restraining order.. you don't need a lawyer for those things, and that is DOCUMENTATION) her before she LIES ON YOU!TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. I understand your pain.

• 5 years later...

It Is So Funny To Me That Some Women Can Be Naive. I Have Been On Both Sides Of The Fence And The Only Reason A Man Leaves His Woman Is Because He Has Found Another Haven. He Can Tell You One Thing And Be Doing Another Thing The Moment You Look The Other Way. You Are A Female And Should Be Able To Understand Her Pain And Her Position.